Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-28-2016, 05:12 PM   #21
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I would agree that the if you have the space this will work well. Which works well with me as I have a custom unit being built and have the perfect spot for him...I hope lol... but may not for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
They were very coy, cuz I asked for this and also received vague answers that kinda hinted at something...so I was completely surprised by this
Well I had a feeling that another Hulk, other then the Alliance project, was coming. However, I thought it might be a Grey or a Rulk. I gotta say I was hopeful for a Planet Hulk, but I didn't have a CLUE that Troy would be sculpting a traditional XM Hulk. I have to say it is an AMAZING idea and it looks TOTALLY killer.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #22
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
No doubt about it - reserved. Troy also did their 1/4 Hulk bust too right? If so, then this is in more than capable hands. Besides, I buy just about anything Hulk so this is a no brainer for me. Shipping should be around the gross national product of a small country.
Oh wow Troy??? Xm please use that guy for the female faces. I love his custom Phoenix head. I hope we see a xm gladiator, omega red, and the ff purple bald guy with the huge axe weapon.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #23
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Wow, must have.
Ditto. I'm going to have to find a way to get one of these.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #24
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Since I didn't get the SS I'll probably pick this one up because I like this design better and the change-o is great. However I would still like to see a separate King Hulk on throne at some point.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:38 PM   #25
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Since I didn't get the SS I'll probably pick this one up because I like this design better and the change-o is great. However I would still like to see a separate King Hulk on throne at some point.
This COH is so awesome. SS should have done this instead of making fans buy two of these.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:42 PM   #26
Y3E
Gen 13

Wow, this looks fantastic. Too bad XM is producing this. I don't mean that as a slight to XM Studios but to the difficulty for us collectors outside of XM distribution area.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:52 PM   #27
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Amazing!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:49 PM   #28
Spidey976

Quote:
That piece has already been done, and it is hit and miss what people think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Wow, this looks fantastic. Too bad XM is producing this. I don't mean that as a slight to XM Studios but to the difficulty for us collectors outside of XM distribution area.
Yeppers, and after shipping, if it is priced anywhere near say Darkness level of pricing or more, it could cost as much to get this one piece as it would to have both of SSCs King and Gladiator... At least for North American collectors. However, I wouldn't blame peopled they did tha math and decided it was worth it. This piece is that damn good
Old 05-28-2016, 10:13 PM   #29
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
That piece has already been done, and it is hit and miss what people think of it.
Not by XM. That other one is not bad but I thought it was too busy. I'd rather see a more accurate interpretation of the WWH cover art at least for the Hulk statue and a more toned down throne, which could still have the trophies. I'd even take a 1:6 since the 1:4 is huge.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #30
Spidey976

Quote:
Not by XM. That other one is not bad but I thought it was too busy. I'd rather see a more accurate interpretation of the WWH cover art at least for the Hulk statue and a more toned down throne, which could still have the trophies. I'd even take a 1:6 since the 1:4 is huge.
I know that, but it is hard for an artists to follow another groups product for such a recognizable cover. It looks like one artists is following another's work... worse yet it looks like you are ripping them off.