Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #241
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
You really didn't need to defend the treadmill being a selling point to you. You love it, you own it, that's great! But then trying to say it's a selling point to most people, and then even suggesting those who don't like it aren't comic readers/fans, eh, I'm no longer on team treadmill
Treadmill is not a sellng point to everyone just like a museum pose is not. As far as I can see - there is no statement from my side that XM version should be the best option for everyone. And I explicitly mentioned that it is my subjective stance towards both products.

It is an opinion exchange like everywhere else in this forum.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #242
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

since the treadmill was such an important part of the Flash mythos, I definitely appreciated the statue with it and the fact that it was done (Barry seemed to use it more than Wally did) and thought it was a great statue. For some that could have been a selling point or maybe the fact that the statue was a good statue was a selling point. I just thought it was great that this option was given to people.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #243
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I work in imports. We were paying $1,500 to $2,000 per container at the beginning of the year. Now we are paying $9,500 to $15,000 in average. In some cases, close to $30,000. It is crazy!
I wonder what happened to make the prices skyrocket like that. Even non-imported items have gone way up. Scary times for collectors.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:45 AM   #244
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I wonder what happened to make the prices skyrocket like that. Even non-imported items have gone way up. Scary times for collectors.
If you have 90 container ships parked off Long Beach and Los Angeles for weeks at a time, none of those containers are returning empty to Japan to load up again. That creates a massive shortage of containers, which jacks up the price of those that are available.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:52 AM   #245
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Well, there are many reasons. For once, the scarcity of containers, the lack of trained workers, the higher cost of fuel and greedy speculators. The problem is that there is no hope in sight so every industry has to adjust.

For example this morning, I received an e-mail quoting us a price of $19,000 for a container coming from Taiwan. Unfortunately, in our business we have to take the hit and pass it on to the consumer. There is no way around it. Also, we are looking for viable options here in the US but that it is going to take some time because our industry depends heavily on materials from around the world.

Now, although things are bad here in the US, some other countries have it worse. For the last 6 months we’ve been trying to ship an order to a client in Australia. Unfortunately, we have not been able to secure a shipping route so the material is sitting in a container. The sad part is that it is already paid for. With all due respect, it sucks to live in the Land Down Under.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #246
SDguy

I couldn't decide between the EX and reg, since the EX through TH would be $450 less $25 for pay in full, then SS sent me a $20 coupon usable on this PO (plus another $31 off in RP), so I got the reg, which is the one I prefer. Win win, thanks for the random code, SS, no clue what it was for, but I'll take it!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:39 AM   #247
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I couldn't decide between the EX and reg, since the EX through TH would be $450 less $25 for pay in full, then SS sent me a $20 coupon usable on this PO (plus another $31 off in RP), so I got the reg, which is the one I prefer. Win win, thanks for the random code, SS, no clue what it was for, but I'll take it!
They send those $20 coupons the day when you get reward points added from an order.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:31 AM   #248
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
They send those $20 coupons the day when you get reward points added from an order.
I wish they had coincided better, instead of the RP for Ivy showing up at the end of the day :/ My fault for not confirming the RP weren't added yet, when I used my balance.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #249
AC_808
Hercules

Haven't done it yet, but I'll be getting the REG as well. Like that color version better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:23 PM   #250
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Haven't done it yet, but I'll be getting the REG as well. Like that color version better.
The regular you get through sideshow.