Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-28-2021, 04:37 AM   #11
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
The Steppenwolf's head works great with Weta Superman because of the half horn on the base. But imagine having Steppenwolf display beside them would look slightly weird but that's just my nit pick.. I have both QS Darkseid and Weta Supes on order as well. Regardless, I would still get a Steppenwolf to display beside them..hahaha

Hmm, I would highly advice not to get the Sideshow BvS Wonder Woman.. it's a horrible sculpt, especially the portrait.
Why not get the QS Wonder Woman instead?

Oops, sorry.. I just second read your reply - you already have the Sideshow WW.. Well, it's up to you.. but that's just my opinion. Not attacking your decision about WW.
That's fine. No offence taken. The Sideshow ones have their issues. BvS is my favourite movie and 1/4 statues for it weren't in abundance. I've had it a few years now.

I would 100% get the QS one if it had an accurate body to Snyders WW, the facial likeness is great and the pose looks awesome too but the body makes her look huge, quite accurate to standard WW but not the Gadot one.

The head sculpt on Sideshow is actually fine, just very badly painted. I've had mine cheaply repainted and it looks way better. Getting it done again by a more experienced artist. The pose, whilst not as dynamic as QS can be either offensive or defensive. I think it might fit better paired with a stood Steppenwolf.
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:39 AM   #12
T1OOO

I wish they would announce this already, that Iron Studios 1:10 is calling to me and I don't even collect 1:10!
Old 12-06-2021, 05:40 AM   #13
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Oops, sorry.. I just second read your reply - you already have the Sideshow WW.. Well, it's up to you.. but that's just my opinion. Not attacking your decision about WW.
I came back to this thread to mention the Iron Studios Steppenwolf and it reminded of a SS WW repaint I saw on facebook that shows that the sculpt is pretty decent with a good painter:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...37576116345597
Old 12-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #14
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
I came back to this thread to mention the Iron Studios Steppenwolf and it reminded of a SS WW repaint I saw on facebook that shows that the sculpt is pretty decent with a good painter:
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...37576116345597
Wow!! That repaint looks so much better!!! Sideshow should be ashamed of their bad factory painting job!!! Well, the initial prototype piece was already looking so bad.. Can't believe they proceeded with launching it in the first place.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #15
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1OOO View Post
I wish they would announce this already, that Iron Studios 1:10 is calling to me and I don't even collect 1:10!
Yeah, QS has been quiet about their DC line for a while... I'm expecting a delay on announcing this piece.. They'll probably announce and reveal this next year, since it's already Dec and no news yet.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote