Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-30-2021, 11:44 PM   #1841
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Just the Omnibus or the OHCs also?

If you are on Goodreads, I'm in a group and there are other members that did the same thing. We have info/lists that spell out what's been collected.

Nope, not the OHCs.

Hmm ...will have to check out Goodreads. Thanks for the heads up.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:59 PM   #1842
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
That's quite an undertaking! Being into X-Men during the 90's, I'm just looking to get the omnibi of Uncanny X-Men and Jim Lee/Claremont run, so hoping they keep these coming.

Yeah, an undertaking for sure.

Nice! Your choices are also on my list.

Just got Uncanny X-Men Omni Vol 4 several weeks ago and recently got X-Men Omni Vol 1 and Vol 2 (Lee/Claremont).
Old 11-03-2021, 06:46 AM   #1843
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Ordered X-Men Claremont & Jim Lee run Omnibuses. I'm not diging Claremont's writting, but it's a worthy purchase with just Jim Lee art alone.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:03 AM   #1844
Mister H
Gen 13

I was looking forward to Excalibur vol II but it looks like it's been pushed back. That and Captain Britain. A lot of Marvel omnis are.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:31 AM   #1845
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I was looking forward to Excalibur vol II but it looks like it's been pushed back. That and Captain Britain. A lot of Marvel omnis are.
Paper shortage and rising shipping costs, I would imagine explains part of that.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:48 AM   #1846
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Ordered X-Men Claremont & Jim Lee run Omnibuses. I'm not diging Claremont's writting, but it's a worthy purchase with just Jim Lee art alone.
Congrats! Great omnis!
Old 11-11-2021, 08:33 PM   #1847
AC_808
Hercules

So I hit a snag today.

Received the X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus yesterday. But when I opened it up, I noticed that the spine was different than the other Ominis I have. Looks like it's missing a layer.

It is missing that black & white part of the spine that the pages are bounded to. These 2 pics shows the black & white layer of the spine. How the spine should like. Mine doesn't look like these:

Not taking any chances with the possibility of pages detaching from the spine in the future. Will send it back for a replacement.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #1848
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I’m with you on Claremont’s writing. Back when these comics were coming out I couldn’t get them in my hands fast enough. Now when I read them I find his writing overblown, overly expository and, honestly, too full of its own (and, hence, his own) sense of self importance. It’s awkward and, at times, just painful and eye-rolling to read. For someone who’s garnered so many accolades, his writing is so disappointing in reality.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #1849
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I’m with you on Claremont’s writing. Back when these comics were coming out I couldn’t get them in my hands fast enough. Now when I read them I find his writing overblown, overly expository and, honestly, too full of its own (and, hence, his own) sense of self importance. It’s awkward and, at times, just painful and eye-rolling to read. For someone who’s garnered so many accolades, his writing is so disappointing in reality.
Yeah, i agree with everything you said 100%.

Especially,'' it's awkward and, at time, just painful and eye-rolling to read.'' part. Exatly what i thought.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #1850
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have not read any of Claremont's older work in years. Maybe I will will have to pull some out and re-read some. I do think that his writing got a little more overly expository are his X-Men writing continued but it seemed like comics back in the late 70's and 80's had more exposition to them than a lot do now.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote