Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #11
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonO View Post
Val will absolutely respond to you. He's one of, if not THE most reliable artist I've ever done business with. Looking forward to seeing what you're thinking of having him draw for you.
Working on a Nova vs. theme now, Val draws anyone great so it would be a hard choice.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
DamonO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Speaking of Val, here's the most recent commission he did for me. Its part of my "Juggernaut's Tour of the Multiverse" theme, where I have Juggy visiting different comic universes -- most of them now defunct -- and pitting him against the heroes there. This one has him facing off with the heroes of Harvey Comics' short-lived superhero line from the 1960s. I just love Val's work on this one. And if you're wondering who's who among the heroes, you can check out my CAF entry here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...?piece=1019227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JuggernautHarveyHeroesPencils.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	586.4 KB
ID:	79360  
DamonO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Thats a fantastic piece! I'm assuming this is just the rough or pencils stage?
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
DamonO

That's the pencils stage. Val did give me a rough sketch prior to that though, as he does with every commission. Although Val does offer inking, this particular one I'm having inked by Bob Almond.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That Juggernaut piece is great! I did hear back from Val today. He gave me a very detailed version of his rates. Very reasonable indeed. I'm sure I would want to have any penciled commission work from him inked,but he said it may be double the cost. I may have to seek out Bob Almond or another inker for that part.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
DamonO

Glad you heard back from Val. Should you proceed, you'll find he's a pleasure to deal with. Bob Almond has inked like a dozen Val commissions for me and others and is very reasonably priced, so if you should decide to go that route you can reach him at dmralmond@gmail.com.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
rjs1162

Quote:
Glad you heard back from Val. Should you proceed, you'll find he's a pleasure to deal with. Bob Almond has inked like a dozen Val commissions for me and others and is very reasonably priced, so if you should decide to go that route you can reach him at dmralmond@gmail.com.
Thanks Damon! I have always enjoyed Bob's inks, I will most likely have any commissions done by Val inked by him. Val said it would be a month or so beofre he could start an 11x17 piece so I may wait awhile and save some $$$ for something memorable. I really want something more than a convention style marker sketch.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
DamonO

I asked the great Luke McDonnell -- artist of SUICIDE SQUAD, IRON MAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA etc. -- to draw the latest entry in my "Juggernaut's Tour of the Multiverse" collection. This time, Jug visits the (pre-Ultraverse) Malibu Comics Universe and meets THE PROTECTORS! Check out the ensuing hijincks, and if you'd like to commission Luke yourself, he can be reached at lfmcdonnell@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	juggerscan.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	79618  
Old 07-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
rjs1162

Quote:
I asked the great Luke McDonnell -- artist of SUICIDE SQUAD, IRON MAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA etc. -- to draw the latest entry in my "Juggernaut's Tour of the Multiverse" collection. This time, Jug visits the (pre-Ultraverse) Malibu Comics Universe and meets THE PROTECTORS! Check out the ensuing hijincks, and if you'd like to commission Luke yourself, he can be reached at lfmcdonnell@gmail.com
Great choice with The Protectors for your theme! Very short lived series but fun to read! Luke McDonnell is a talent for sure. Really enjoyed his run on Iron Man.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
DamonO

Back in the early 1970s, there was a short-lived black and white magazine starring a character named Hell-Rider. He was created by Gary Friedrich, who went on to create Ghost Rider for Marvel. I commissioned Sal Velluto to do an updated version of the character for me, and boy, did he deliver! VERY affordable, outstanding art, and incomparable service. Sal is a longtime comics veteran with titles like BLACK PANTHER, JSA, and JUSTICE LEAGUE TASK FORCE among others on his resume. You can reach Sal at his website http://www.velluto.com/commissions.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hellrider_final.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	79729