Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-11-2021, 12:51 AM   #1511
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
Is it me or does she have a bit of crossed eyes going on? It seems like the posts so far seem to be similar, but it seems more apparent in person. Sorry for the terrible pics.

I don't really see it. If it is there, it is not terrible like other pieces I've seen.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:23 AM   #1512
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I wouldn’t say cross eyed it just looks like the iris on the one eye is slightly larger than the other however I truly don’t think unless I was looking for something wrong with the eyes that I ever would’ve noticed it and I don’t think it takes anything away from the statue

And I’m dating myself now but so she has a little bit of a Karen Black eyeball thing going - nothing wrong with that
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:53 AM   #1513
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I wouldn’t say cross eyed it just looks like the iris on the one eye is slightly larger than the other however I truly don’t think unless I was looking for something wrong with the eyes that I ever would’ve noticed it and I don’t think it takes anything away from the statue

And I’m dating myself now but so she has a little bit of a Karen Black eyeball thing going - nothing wrong with that
So yours also looks like mine? I agree that it probably wouldn't be noticeable on display..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I don't really see it. If it is there, it is not terrible like other pieces I've seen.
I don't have many statues with eyes exposed, is it a common thing to have wacky eyes, and this one is not too bad?

Compare with gra007's and others, mine has more white below the pupil on the right eye..

Here's a size references in a Besta.

fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:05 AM   #1514
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don’t own the statue I’ve only ever just seen the pictures of it and my opinion was based on the pictures that you posted
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 03:14 AM   #1515
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

That looks really good in the besta, am guessing that's the 60 cm one so my 50 cm pax won't fit it
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:37 AM   #1516
ukshaun
Hercules

@fiveainone eye's look good. On my Catwoman both eye's are pointing inwards very slightly, and it works.
It's when one eye points outwards or downwards, out of line with the other eye it's time to complain.

LOADING: Image(s)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:16 AM   #1517
fiveainone

Thanks, I don't think the camera is really capturing it well though. But I'm not seeing it as much now.

Some more pics in the Besta

Old 11-11-2021, 05:17 AM   #1518
fiveainone

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
That looks really good in the besta, am guessing that's the 60 cm one so my 50 cm pax won't fit it
If you angle it like how I have it above, it's a bit less than 50cm. Not sure how deep Pax is, but I think it's deeper than Besta right?
Old 11-11-2021, 09:12 AM   #1519
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
Thanks, I don't think the camera is really capturing it well though. But I'm not seeing it as much now.

Some more pics in the Besta

I had her in a Besta but man she takes up a lot of real estate. I moved her to on top of a cabinet and it works, just like a cat lol
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:54 PM   #1520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have one more critique of this statue (even though I absolutely love it).

Miss Kitty's eyes are painted so stupidly. They are painted like human eyes. No actual cat has eyes like this. I think this is one of the biggest reasons I think the statue of her looks so fake. I will look into having mine repainted so they actually look like cat eyes.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote