Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-30-2015, 12:33 AM   #101
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I am hoping this 12 days just keeps building up!
Power OVERWHELMING!!!!!!!
Jiggatron69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #102
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Power OVERWHELMING!!!!!!!
I'm strapped in and ready for a ride! PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!!!

savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:42 AM   #103
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Both Phoenix and now Captain Marvel..look really good.... I hope SS releases.. Magneto, Black Canary,Thanos or more X-men characters.. Professor X
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:57 AM   #104
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Time for some dude statues dudes!
Old 12-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #105
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Take whoever did this portrait and put them on Supergirl.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 AM   #106
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Whatever XM's intention was, the reality is that Carol Danvers never wore the costume featured in the XM release. People can think what they want - That XM statue is based on the Karla Sofen Ms. Marvel as she was the only person to ever wear that version of the Ms. Marvel costume. Karla Sofen was given that version of the costume because Marvel wanted to intentionally differentiate her from the Carol Danvers version. Whatever the case, the XM Karla Sofen piece is a stunner. I'll likely get it somewhere down the line. The SS piece looks really promising too.

Anyone thinking that the XM Ms Marvel is Carol Danvers has clearly never read the book.

Fans are generally okay with when companies produce slight variations in costume design, if only to give the artist some room to strut his or her stuff. However, it's another thing entirely when a costume design was in fact worn by someone else and not that person named on the box. Those arguing that the switch-out short-haired portrait is Carol - fine - but it's still being put on a Karla Sofen body.
Well the XM costume isn't from any comic. Just like their costumes for Magneto, Dardevil, Wolverine, Thanos, etc, it's their own interpretation of the classic costume. Just like this new ss Captain Marvel is an interpretation of the current costume.

3 people have worn the same exact costume, which is the 2nd version of Ms. Marvel's costume, in this order:

Carol

Ultragirl

Karla

And snarky, lol...you know I read a ton of comics...I didn't read Dark Reign Ms. Marvel but I did read and own all of Dark Avengers which featured Karla as Ms. Marvel...so I do know a bit about the comics I actually purchased.

But ultimately it doesn't matter what I or anybody else thinks, XM said its the heroic version of Ms. Marvel. I'm going with what XM said, facts over opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Carol wears that costume in the Avengers Cartoon. Maybe thats where Ben and the boys at XM got that idea.
Very true. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a good show.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:47 AM   #107
savage.CAP

Peedi! Can you recommend any Ms/Captain Marvel comics?
Old 12-30-2015, 03:23 AM   #108
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Peedi! Can you recommend any Ms/Captain Marvel comics?
I think Ms. Marvel Vol 2 has some of the best story lines featuring her as the lead that are easier to get into and to get in trades...I don't have the entire series, but some of the stories I remember are the first arc which takes place right after HoM and is sort of her return to taking superheroing seriously. I also enjoyed the Civil War arc even though I didn't entirely agree with her stance (she sided with Iron Man). Also the Monster Island arc.

I tried her first series as Captain Marvel but fell off it quick...like Thor, Wolverine, Cap, etc, she relaunches so frequently I don't keep up like I used to (Captain Marvel ended, was relaunched, ended, is about to relaunch yet again). But I suppose it makes things easier for trades.

But I actually enjoyed her use under Bendis in the Avengers. She's a main character in Mighty Avengers during the Initiative, and the New Avengers during the Dark Reign...I enjoyed both series but I'd recommend Mighty Avengers for the action packed stories that aren't quite as dependent on the times (post Civil War split of the Avengers). Aside from that, I read Karla in Dark Avengers but also check out War of the Marvels.

Just remembering one of the earliest comics I read of her is Avengers Annual 10. It's the first appearance of Rogue, a favorite of mine, but a bad issue for Carol since she gets her powers drained and put into a coma. It's an important historical issue for her because she confronts the Avengers about her brain wash and essentially rape by Marcus Immortus, but it's not the type of issue I'd recommend to anybody who just wants to enjoy a solid story arc without refering to other events.

Also very, very distantly related, Ms. Marvel is a very small part of Avengers: Initiative but overall it's an excellent series and it details Ms. Marvel giving her costume to one of the trainees, the former New Warrior Ultragirl (above). That's a very small part of the series, though.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:36 AM   #109
savage.CAP

Brian Reed's run is the vol 2 right?
Old 12-30-2015, 03:38 AM   #110
savage.CAP

Also, I can't stop looking at this preview! What's coming in 22 minutes!?