Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #251
dao2
Cyclops

If I was a bepop fan I would go for it. If it was Outlaw Star and that Was Gene Starwind I would jump on it without a second thought...
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #252
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Thank you for the quick response, that clears things up! I reside in the EU, and I remember the first "run" having the price at 350 so I guess the tax etc. wasn't included back then.

What do you guys think; Is the statue + shipping worth ~465 usd? I've heard a lot of praise for the piece, but the simplicity is still a concern for me.
I have it and I like it a lot. They are all simple since they are pretty much 3D representations of anime characters. That said, the paint was pretty close to perfect and I didn't have any issues at all. The switchable arm for the exclusive was worth it to me.

Honestly, I thought it was a bargain for the price considering the soaring prices from other companies.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:04 AM   #253
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Thank you for the quick response, that clears things up! I reside in the EU, and I remember the first "run" having the price at 350 so I guess the tax etc. wasn't included back then.

What do you guys think; Is the statue + shipping worth ~465 usd? I've heard a lot of praise for the piece, but the simplicity is still a concern for me.
The simplicity threw me off of Spike at first, too. Then I randomly wanted it lol. I waitlisted the Ex and converted. I shouldn’t have skipped it to begin with but it worked out and it’s a keeper. The simplicity doesn’t bother me at all. Saying that as an owner of dynamic, detailed or super switch out pieces like Rogue Maquette, F4F Ganondorf, XM Samurai Batman. But this is an Anime character and they didn’t take a SS or XM approach, they stayed faithful. Also while I prefer action poses I think this calmer pose fits Spike’s overall personality better. An action pose would’ve been cool but Spike’s a laid back guy.

I’m still waiting on my Jet Ex. I’m in for Jill. And hopefully they’ll finish the squad with an Ed and Ein combo.

But finish the line with Vicious if we can take it that far...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #254
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The simplicity threw me off of Spike at first, too. Then I randomly wanted it lol. I waitlisted the Ex and converted. I shouldn’t have skipped it to begin with but it worked out and it’s a keeper. The simplicity doesn’t bother me at all. Saying that as an owner of dynamic, detailed or super switch out pieces like Rogue Maquette, F4F Ganondorf, XM Samurai Batman. But this is an Anime character and they didn’t take a SS or XM approach, they stayed faithful. Also while I prefer action poses I think this calmer pose fits Spike’s overall personality better. An action pose would’ve been cool but Spike’s a laid back guy.

I’m still waiting on my Jet Ex. I’m in for Jill. And hopefully they’ll finish the squad with an Ed and Ein combo.

Julia? Faye?
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #255
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

I held out and waited because of the simplicity as well. Also, I don't have any 1/4 pieces in my collection anymore so there was that. However, I jumped on it and it converted and was glad I didn't pass it up.

I have the Jet Ex and the paint app is great on him as well. Honestly, I think the ex switch outs fit the characters more than just a gun, but the guns look great too.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #256
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hoping my Jet EX waitlist converts. I've got the Spike EX and Faye Ex reserved.
MechWestern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #257
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
Julia? Faye?
LMAO got my Valentines mixed up. Yes, Faye, lol.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:07 PM   #258
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Awesome, Jet converted. Any word on Ed/Ein?
MechWestern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #259
Peedi
The Secret Six

Finally got my Jet yesterday. Looks great. But the hair is way too grey for me. It should be black or very dark grey. I’m wondering what the point of reference was for this very grey hair?

Old 05-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #260
geekjosh
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Awesome, Jet converted. Any word on Ed/Ein?
This is what I'm waiting for.

I have all the others (just waiting for Faye to ship)

But man at this point when Jet was almost done, we had at least already seen some of the sculpt options they were narrowing down for Faye.

I really want to see something about Ed & Ein!
geekjosh is offline   Reply With Quote