Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #11
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Stunning work and I love the style! I'm curious too about your rates or what you would charge for one of these?
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #12
mikebowden
Frackin!

Thanks guys! Yes that is Korvac under Darkseid and the ladies are Morgan le Fey and Circe. I wasn't familiar with Korvac and Circe so I may not have gotten their looks right. I had to do a lot of wikipedia checks on some of these characters. I was asked not to cover up characters too much so I had to be inventive with poses to get everyone in there. Here's a photo of the A1 original from the 2nd half of the jam. It's made up of 4 sheets of A3 bristol but I can get hold of A2 and only have 2 sheets joined for future commissions.

The rate for one of these is $600. I worked that out based on one sheet of approx 5 characters been $150 each so I think it's a fair price. I took these on for the enjoyment of them and I'd like to do more.
I'd particularly like to do an 80's cartoon jam. And of course I can do jam pieces that are smaller or larger and charge accordingly... If anyone is interested e-mail me: mikebowden@hotmail.com

I'll post the next one up later today. Thanks everyone!
mikebowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #13
mikebowden
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hey Mike -- is the "Brighton" location mean Brighton Michigan?
No, I'm afraid it's Brighton, UK. It's tough not living in the US and getting to the big cons.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #14
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That is what I call a Jam!! Spectacular work Mike.
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #15
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Fantastic work Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebowden View Post
No, I'm afraid it's Brighton, UK. It's tough not living in the US and getting to the big cons.
Yeah, I have the same problem, I still have to go to my first big con...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #16
Doc McCoy
Mephisto

Brilliant work as always, Mike!
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #17
mikebowden
Frackin!

Thanks Josh

Here's another...

Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
Ankylo
Fantastic Four

I like testing my knowledge against this art. Okay the ones that are stumping me this time is the lady between Braniac and the other stumper, the guy above Bastion. I take it that's Atomic Skull between Omega Red and Juggernaut? Stardust and Red Shift are kinda odd choices since I thought they redeemed themselves like Silver Surfer by this point. I want to say the guy between them is Bullseye but he looks to have stripes down the chest. The big handed, toothy fella between Amazo and Red Shift is also an unknown to me.

Again it's a great jam. Is there a part 4, and how big is this bad boy going to be when all is said and done?!
Ankylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #19
mikebowden
Frackin!

Ankylo, I may let others have a go at these characters before I say but you're right about Atomic Skull. I'm already working on Jam 7. I've done 4-6 but I need to connect them to these ones so they're not scanned yet. As for the final size....I think it may total 13 jams so there's some way to go.
I hope I get to do more of these after this series, they're a lot of work, but satisfying
Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #20
Ankylo
Fantastic Four

Good grief, 13?! Are they all villains? If so, whoever commissioned this is a man/woman after my own heart.
Ankylo is offline   Reply With Quote