Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-02-2020, 09:29 AM   #401
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

It's a shame that piece never got produced as it looks amazing.

I'm not a fan of the concept F4F opted for. If they really had to go for that look at least put Snake in front of the wall so you have the option to display it head on, seems like a missed opportunity and a fail IMO.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #402
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Yeah, shame indeed. Can't wait for mine; didn't order the F4F one because of this one.

https://www.facebook.com/634524786/p...8527098469787/
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 04:45 PM   #403
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Have to say i'm very happy with him, i don't know why but i had it in my head that Snake would be lost int he base and while the base is big Snake is very much the focal point.

Whole statue has a nice flow to it, rather than Snake leaning into the wall, has a sense of he's just hit the wall, surprised how much of a sense this gives in hand.

The original head sculpt is just so bad....thank god for the new one, i like the NVG head but i'm sticking with the 2nd head. Revolving Ammo box is cool but something you can't really leave on in a quiet room imo.

I think anyone would be happy with the regular tbh.

Looking back over the changes they made to this statue, i'm just glad F4F listen because just the colour palette of Sanke, the snow effects and the 2nd head sculpt all contribute from taking this from a stinker to something pretty great.

Would i have preferred a more museum pose? Yes. Is this a bad pose as i first thought? Definitely not.

Statue is a very solid 8/10 imo. Looking forward to Grey Fox even more now!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:43 PM   #404
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I feel like I’m the only one who thinks it’s a complete home run. Probably because I don’t mind the pose. I know we were comparing snow app’s last year and mine turned out better than some. I hope if they do Ocelot he’s in a reverse pose hiding behind a pillar like his fight. They’d pair well together.

So Dead is your ammo box making loud noises when it spins?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 PM   #405
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Ok after your review I have no regret not getting the F4F one

Can't wait to get the Yamaguchi one.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:06 AM   #406
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

9/10 for me. Have not turned on the ammo box once. Brings nothing to the table imo. The 2 things I have against this piece is the weight of it exceeds my intended shelfs capacity and the bandana doesn't flow the way it should. Aside that....amazing.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #407
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I feel like I’m the only one who thinks it’s a complete home run. Probably because I don’t mind the pose. I know we were comparing snow app’s last year and mine turned out better than some. I hope if they do Ocelot he’s in a reverse pose hiding behind a pillar like his fight. They’d pair well together.

So Dead is your ammo box making loud noises when it spins?
I think an 8 out of 10 is a very fair and good mark for it, as i feel 9 has to be an extraordinary statue and 10 is perfection.

It's not super loud but it's distracting enough and since i'm not displaying the NGV head i don't see any point in having it connected up.

I did realise that the reg doesn't come with the ammo box....i like the ammo box being there a lot so i would recommend the EX over Reg after all.

I'm very very happy with him! Will be doing pics and a video review soonish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Ok after your review I have no regret not getting the F4F one

Can't wait to get the Yamaguchi one.
Even if i gave it a 10 i don't think anything would change your mind as you're set on the unlicensed piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
9/10 for me. Have not turned on the ammo box once. Brings nothing to the table imo. The 2 things I have against this piece is the weight of it exceeds my intended shelfs capacity and the bandana doesn't flow the way it should. Aside that....amazing.
Which way do you think the bandana should be flowing?

The ammo box is a fun gimmick, worth turning on for sure and it's super cool when you have friends who are MGS fans and it starts spinning and they're like "omg" lol...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #408
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Yeah you're right. Too bad the F4F is the lesser one and having a licensed piece feels a bit better somehow. But Yamaguchi's version is epic, especially with the polygon head
Old 09-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #409
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Dead I ask about the ammo box because some collectors had issues with theirs. Pegs were not machined properly so the box would wiggle when it turned which in turn made a whiring noise. I can leave mine on and sleep through it. (not recommended obviously) If you think of it could you include what it sounds like in your video? I’d love to compare.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #410
Bangkok_wolf
Fantastic Four

Anyone looking forward to the Snake Bust they teased a few months ago?

I also own this piece and was not disappointed at all. Having said that, I still wish other co. would also acquire the license and have a go at it.
Bangkok_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote