pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #143
shedman
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

North East corner of S.D.
shedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #144
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Over $90 for me on the east coat. That seems pretty off the wall for the size box I saw in the video.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #145
pdenham
Teen Titans

Yeah, I just got it. $93

That's actually the cost I would expect if I shipped this myself to Seattle.

I don't think L52 is inflating the costso much as the companies that I usually order from are getting cut rates for the high frequency of business they do.

I don't imagine Level 52 does anywhere close to that amount of retail MO business, so they(we) get stuck paying the going rate.

And even if it's not that heavy, the box is going to be huge, like a small refrigerator.

Ain't happy with the cost, but OTOH the statue itself seemed reasonably priced for it's mass all things considered.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #146
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

ARH doesn’t ship a ton of statues, but were still in line with Sideshow’s shipping prices. As a business, they should at least have a cheaper rate than if I shipped it myself.

The box isn’t that large as far as statues go.
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:19 AM   #147
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
ARH doesn’t ship a ton of statues, but were still in line with Sideshow’s shipping prices. As a business, they should at least have a cheaper rate than if I shipped it myself.

The box isn’t that large as far as statues go.
Stop complaining Any idea what it cost to ship a statue to Europe??
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:11 AM   #148
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

This one would probably be twice as much as it is almost exactly twice as much as my 1/4 domestic statue shipments. I got my 1/2 Wonder Woman shipped from Sideshow for less. That was two boxes which were both bigger than this one looks. It makes me wonder if they even attempted to open a business account with UPS for reduced shipping rates. It is what it is, but people need to make sure they factor in the double cost of shipping into what they are willing to pay. As far as I am aware, this is the first 1/4 that is going out unless Odin shipped.

Still looking forward to this piece, but that shipping surprise wasn't really what I wanted to see this time of year. Only shipping more expensive was Anti-Venom and my 215lb self could fit in that box.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #149
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just chiming in to clear some air. We are not inflating at all. We actually spent some time to find the cheapest shipping option available. However the box is huge and heavy. 32x16x26 inches and 35 lbs makes it pretty pricey. Plus insurance is included. We were charged a pretty large tariff on bringing these over and we decided to eat that cost as a courtesy to customers. But our shipping rates are pulled directly from USPS and then charged to you.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #150
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Just chiming in to clear some air. We are not inflating at all. We actually spent some time to find the cheapest shipping option available. However the box is huge and heavy. 32x16x26 inches and 35 lbs makes it pretty pricey. Plus insurance is included. We were charged a pretty large tariff on bringing these over and we decided to eat that cost as a courtesy to customers. But our shipping rates are pulled directly from USPS and then charged to you.
Just to clarify, I didn’t think you inflated the shipping costs. It just appears you aren’t being given discounts that are usually offered to businesses by places like UPS. Are these tariffs new? I have statues coming from overseas soon, and they have always been exempt from duties. Now I am worried.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote