Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-08-2016, 02:12 AM   #121
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

In either case, regardless of what symbiote it is, this is a Day 1 PO for me. Stop teasing us, Igo!
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #122
FJC
Midnighter

Another repeat character when there are so many other awesome characters that NEED to get released.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #123
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Another repeat character when there are so many other awesome characters that NEED to get released.
... Tell me, if you ran a business and saw a version of product being highly sought after and selling for even more money in the after market, would you not revisit that product? Some characters/product are guaranteed cash. This is a business after all. Lol.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #124
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
... Tell me, if you ran a business and saw a version of product being highly sought after and selling for even more money in the after market, would you not revisit that product? Some characters/product are guaranteed cash. This is a business after all. Lol.
That's true. But with XM and Prime1 doing venoms. You would steal the show with a juggernaut or magneto or flash or sinister or etc... Your talking characters who sideshow could sell out a high es of with no problem. The characters they are dishing out are not selling out anymore.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #125
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I agree, I'd also like to see other characters not yet made.

But Venom in particular, people have been asking for a remake for him for years. It's very easily searchable across multiple forums. And it's not like there's a ton of 1/4 Venom options out there. Some characters need revisits.

Mystique needs a revisit (classic White). Storm needs a revisit (Jim Lee white). Bucky needs a revisit (as Winter Soldier). Namor needs a revisit (black costume). Silver Surfer needs a revisit (chrome!).

Those, just as much as it'd be cool to see Archangel, Loki, Magneto, Blade, Invisible Woman, Doctor Octopus, Beast, Human Torch, Dr. Strange, Lizard, etc. At least we know more Guardians and Thanos are on the way.

Venom's looking good. I skipped a bunch of sideshow statues I said I wanted but I don't think I could pass up Venom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Prime 1 is doing Venom....XM is doing Venom...and SS is doing a 2nd Venom....Not to mention Venoms done in 1/6 or 1/7 (Bowen), and custom Venoms. There are lots of Venoms around...and by and large have all been relatively good to great!
Well I specifically stated 1/4 Venom options. And of course there's customs but I'm keeping it to what's actually licensed.

So how many licensed 1/4 Venoms are readily available right now to choose from? I could be wrong but my last count was 1. And that 1 is only aftermarket at a price only few would pay, for whatever various reasons (my reason, I don't think it looks that great...)

As of right now how available is an XM Venom for someone still wanting a 1/4 Venom? For someone in the Americas currently with no 1/4 Venom who wants one, is this a viable option ?

Eventually the Prime 1 and PF will level the field but as of right now there's not a ton of 1/4 Venom options. That's why so many of us are excited to see this Venom.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #126
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
That's true. But with XM and Prime1 doing venoms. You would steal the show with a juggernaut or magneto or flash or sinister or etc... Your talking characters who sideshow could sell out a high es of with no problem. The characters they are dishing out are not selling out anymore.
Ever think maybe they are all doing venoms because marvel was like " hey, Spiderman homecoming is coming out July 2017, cash in on that hype. Maybe that character will even be in the film"
Old 05-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #127
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
CBG not SONICobra. SONICobra doesnt give a rats @$$ about es, buys what he likes and occasionally talks in third person
Lol sonic that cracked me up I read post and couldn't see who posted then I really cracked up when I saw that was you posting! Classic...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #128
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

You can´t have enough Venom 1/4 statue.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #129
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
You can´t have enough Venom 1/4 statue.
truth!
Old 05-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #130
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
To be fair, at least I should be able to get ahold of the Prime 1 and SS versions for less than $1,000 so XM isn't even on my radar. Not really a company that SS has to compete directly with either. So that leaves two statues to choose from for me.

What's better than a 1/4 Venom statue? Being able to choose my favorite from two different 1/4 Venom statues.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote