Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #131
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It is a good step forward for the company.Plus there are 3 new statues not yet revealed that we will see by end of 2018 early 2019.
(Hades + Alexander stand alone + ???)
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:11 AM   #132
stone eagle
Justice League

I have never had a problem with customers getting shipments direct from the Chinese factories, it wouldn't make sense to ship the statues to the U.S. and then have to ship them back to Asia etc.
I also don't have an issue with Louis since he is just a conduit of information who is trying to do a good but tough job without the power to make the overall decisions for ARH. He also can't change the past bad decisions by ARH. It appears that Louis has stopped posting on this forum due to the many complaints.
What I do take issue with is the constant various excuses to delay shipping. Think of it this way.....ARH decides to have made a certain lot of statues at a certain price and shipping cost. All is agreed upon and production begins with a targeted date for delivery. (all I want is to receive what I have already paid 100% for except delivery charge). ARH should have set aside funds to pay what they owe the factory and not slow down delivery. For what ever reason evidently that wasn't done and a second lot of statues were ordered and the first lot of statues are held up because ARH doesn't want to pay for two shipments...What if the second lot of statues were not ordered? Would the customers ever see them? From their Facebook post it looks like they are going to try and set up a procedure where U.S. customers who don't want to wait for the eventual shipment to them will be able to get theirs shipped direct from China (I'm sure more expensive then waiting as far a U.S. shipping costs though.)
I have no problem with ARH as far as quality of statues from the photos I have seen. I believe they are very talented artists who are trying to put out a quality product. I just wish the business end of the company had better money management and logistic skills.
I just want what was promised to me when I paid for them and not get any more nicely worded excuses as to why I can't get my products that I have been waiting years to get.
If my experience with ARH was universal from other statue companies I would seriously think about other hobbies to get into, I know the other companies are larger and probably have longer history and more working capital but companies like Sideshow Collectables and Gentile Giant that in my experience have done nothing but deliver on time or early a good product should be something all companies strive to achieve.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #133
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Go check out the suposetly reliable PCS thread and talk about delays and problems.ARH at least are trying to fix their problem.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:25 AM   #134
stone eagle
Justice League

zeus I just read the thread about PCS delays and legal issues.
I know it shows my age some, but I long for the pre-internet days when I bought some porcelain statues. The only way to buy them was to go into a store and buy what was on the shelf and no advance ordering and teasers. I know that means that companies had to gamble and use their own money up front as to what customers may want. But on the side of the customer there was no chance of delays and fail to produce the product. So a simpler time with less stress I believe.
Just imagine the ability to see an ad for a statue and it was sitting on a warehouse shelf just waiting for your order and once placed would be sent to you ASAP......
Old 09-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #135
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
zeus I just read the thread about PCS delays and legal issues.
I know it shows my age some, but I long for the pre-internet days when I bought some porcelain statues. The only way to buy them was to go into a store and buy what was on the shelf and no advance ordering and teasers. I know that means that companies had to gamble and use their own money up front as to what customers may want. But on the side of the customer there was no chance of delays and fail to produce the product. So a simpler time with less stress I believe.
Just imagine the ability to see an ad for a statue and it was sitting on a warehouse shelf just waiting for your order and once placed would be sent to you ASAP......
Pre internet days? No thanks
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #136
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
It is a good step forward for the company.Plus there are 3 new statues not yet revealed that we will see by end of 2018 early 2019.
(Hades + Alexander stand alone + ???)
They are Hades + Alexander + Arhian on horse
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #137
Brandon
The X-Men

Pretty sure it's gonna be Hades, Narama, Alexander and probably Nefertiti up next. I really hope Aphrodite is in the works.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:32 PM   #138
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
... but companies like Sideshow Collectables and Gentile Giant that in my experience have done nothing but deliver on time or early a good product should be something all companies strive to achieve.

I dont know what you are talking about... I also got delays by GG and SSC in the past. Maybe not such long times but I got delays by them and also like in my Punisher 1/4 by IS and Wolverine vs Juggernaut there are delays right now. Both on my orderlist. And there is no post or explaning or information by this companies. They just grab the flex payment later and even taht I dont notice cause I dont flex.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #139
stone eagle
Justice League

That is why my post stated "in my experience" since I can't speak for other customer's dealings. I am sorry for you problems with the other companies.
My experience with them was good in dealing with latest Red Sonja, Black Widow and getting Lucky's dog tags even though that statue was bought on Ebay and not the company directly.
As I posted above just imagine if statues were purchased like most consumer goods and there was no pre-ordering and deposits etc. Once a statue is made and on the shelves then sale ads go out and you buy and it's shipped ASAP. That would decrease or eliminate many people's stress.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #140
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
That is why my post stated "in my experience" since I can't speak for other customer's dealings. I am sorry for you problems with the other companies.
My experience with them was good in dealing with latest Red Sonja, Black Widow and getting Lucky's dog tags even though that statue was bought on Ebay and not the company directly.
As I posted above just imagine if statues were purchased like most consumer goods and there was no pre-ordering and deposits etc. Once a statue is made and on the shelves then sale ads go out and you buy and it's shipped ASAP. That would decrease or eliminate many people's stress.
I am collecting since 13 years now and there were several delays and I also was happy when Red Sonja and Black Widow came as promised... but I also got serveral delays in the past and thats why I dont give a fuxx about the announcements of release cause there always can happen something.
The companies lieke SSC uses the pre order to see how much they want to produce and so many other doing it like that so I dont think this „ready to ship when released“ will happen often in the future. Its like in many many many other hobbies.

The best way is just to wait and be happy when you get what you ordered. Also you only should order what you like... and when the passion for the statue is high enough then the delay is just like waiting for santa on x-mas

I am just excited to get my Arkhalla one day ... and I can wait for her... it will be like x-mas when she knocks at my door
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote