Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #321
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Actually watching this video now for the first time, maybe his head isn't even removable. I was concerned there would be a seam, but his body looks to be all one piece.
It's actually hard to tell, which is a good thing as either there is a seam and it's well covered, or there isn't and it's just a detail line.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:43 PM   #322
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
It's actually hard to tell, which is a good thing as either there is a seam and it's well covered, or there isn't and it's just a detail line.
Yeah, I was sure that neck area was detachable, but now I have no clue. I want to order this piece so bad.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:44 PM   #323
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I never noticed a seam when I saw it at SDCC. I wasn't looking for one, but I walked around that whole statue since it was on an end cap display, and it looked like it didn't have seams.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:56 PM   #324
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I never noticed a seam when I saw it at SDCC. I wasn't looking for one, but I walked around that whole statue since it was on an end cap display, and it looked like it didn't have seams.
I wish there was an unboxing. I'd also like to see how large the box is.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 AM   #325
Royalguard
The Avengers

I’ve been eyeing this piece, but I’m not to familiar with IS quality control on the larger side. The only thing I can see is the damaged 1/3 hawkman statue. I seem to recall a few collectors having issues. Also I’ve heard of a lot of breakages from the 1/4 punisher. Anyone else have a better insight?
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #326
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

I bought Punisher off Amazon. There was a broken gun piece that was in the duffle bag. Probably damaged in shipping. Otherwise no complaints. I heard the 1/3 Hawkman had some issues though.

Got my tracking for Daredevil. Can’t wait.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 11:02 AM   #327
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
I’ve been eyeing this piece, but I’m not to familiar with IS quality control on the larger side. The only thing I can see is the damaged 1/3 hawkman statue. I seem to recall a few collectors having issues. Also I’ve heard of a lot of breakages from the 1/4 punisher. Anyone else have a better insight?
I have the Iron Studios 1/3 Wonder Woman and she's amazing. Granted, the fabric cape was a bit cheap, but that stays in the box. The paint job is gorgeous (minus a little drabness on the base) but otherwise it's a great piece. This Daredevil piece looks wonderful from the few pics we've seen so far.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:11 AM   #328
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
I think the reason Iron Studios issues stand out more is because they don't make a lot of large (1/4, 1/3) statues so when one of those has problems it becomes a really big deal. With an edition size of 600 and this being a universally praised sculpt this won't last long if there aren't widespread issues. Even though I'm not really ready to get this now I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger soon. I'd rather get it from SS than try to bring one in from overseas although I might get lucky with a seller on ebay.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #329
isaac_31f
Fantastic Four

no pics yet?
isaac_31f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #330
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not my video, but here's a video.

The head is removable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABONhE2KsbA