Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 08-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #51
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

LOVE IT!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #52
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Won't get made again, I guess XM could but I would think they won't. If they did get ready to pay $4,000 in the states. When I started collecting Palisades Devastator was $200.00 retail at 12 inches and huge girth, Hard Hero Megatron and OP I paid $150.00 then for each for 12 inches. Today XM OP for 24 in is going to retail at $1,500 I think. I.A. TF cost about $1,100 range for 18 inches, that is a huge increase. TF is not that popular for statues in G1 Palisades did some, F4F line was a complete flop, Diamond Select line didn't do so great. Can't imagine anyone else
picking up G1 TF again. Look at this section just a few bother to post here..

It's stupid that the great G1 statue few want but the pieces of junk movies sell boat loads of statues, how many thousands have been made from those. To this day I feel shame that I watched that first movie

If this was 10 years ago there would more TF statues to come but at this level of cost forget that now. Then throw in how much shipping just keeps gong up.

After F4F gave up the license in 2008 I was upset, then 2 years later
Diamond Select picked up the license they did a few pieces but not much. They made 2 prototypes 1 Megatron and one OP. OP came up for order and got canceled, Megatron didn't bother to come up for order. Then we had to
wait 5 years for I.A. to get the license.
For the record, I think both IA and XM G1 can perfectly coexist since they have different styles but are g1 based.

And you would be incorrect about the assumption of XM Starscream. There was already a pic showing a cape on Starscream. The reason why these two statues would make great companions is that IA is a throne statue while XM is an dynamic action pose.

I think it takes a Transformer statue to come out first before any hype followed by hopeful facts of excellence can be made. Remember Prime 1 Megatron (crappy Bayformers) first statue looked great in the pictures, but it wasn't until people got it in hand when they saw and felt the quality of what was produced. I think this will be a likewise situation here.

XM is a more stable company than IA...so they are a bit more grounded if you will, and you pretty much know what you will get with them. IA hasn't been in the game as long...but the good thing for them is they are almost completely focused on Transformers where XM has much more license to cover...although I know they currently have 8 in the works...4 that are probably practically finished.

My hope was that these companies did not overlap one another with characters but it doesn't seem like that is going to be the case. Both of these companies statues will be over $1K after shipping and taxes.

I am excited by what's to come with both these companies. From what I have seen...I am impressed by both although my least favorite so far is the IA Ultra Magnus because he is too thin in the torso and not broad enough. Ultra is bigger than Optimus and that should be reflected.

I am unsure if IA will be at STGCC this year...I expect they might be, but XM is unleashing the hounds on the Transformers line (Optimus, Starscream, Megatron, and possbily Bumblebee and maybe some other things TF related) so we should get great representation of TF G1 at the show. Let's just be greatful to both companies that have taken the chance on acquiring a license that we all grew up with and adore. I will support G1 TF over anything...that includes Marvel / DC / Predators, etc. Nothing surpasses TF for me.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #53
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Very excited to see what XM shows at STGCC. I'm now looking at that Soundwave IA on BBTS for pre-order. With SS Voltron first pics not looking so hot (will def wait to see more pic's before i pass final judgement) It will loosen up some funds for that. My issue with XM is just being a NA buyer the extra costs just kill me. Hopefully IA shows some new stuff at STGCC also.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #54
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yep, four dollar shipping from BBTS, blows away the hundreds of dollars extra in shipping from XM, not to mention the cost of having to buy XM through a third party. For me, at this point, IA will be the only way to go. I hope they can put out a quality product. Plus, with both doing G1, is there really going to be that much variation between the same character?
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #55
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
After F4F gave up the license in 2008 I was upset, then 2 years later
Diamond Select picked up the license they did a few pieces but not much. They made 2 prototypes 1 Megatron and one OP. OP came up for order and got canceled, Megatron didn't bother to come up for order. Then we had to
wait 5 years for I.A. to get the license.
Diamond Select did the Omega Supreme statue which is still one of my favourites to this day.

They also did a whole bunch of busts. However I don't collect busts.

This is going to be tough, I'm going to want to see their other Starscream before ordering this one.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #56
craigcliff1
Zot

DS did a few awesome piece OS was a masterpiece. Between
Palisades, Hard Hero, Diamond Select, F4F we got couple dozen statues. I agree I also don't collect bust, shame that's mostly what they made.

Palisades Devastator is best piece made yet.
Here one the pieces DS had prototypes of 7
years ago, both OP and Megatron both got canceled. To show how expensive
stuff has gotten these retailed at $150.00 for 12 inches

craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #57
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I picked up a Soundwave coming out of a space bridge with the cassettes around him statue from ebay for 100 bucks a few months ago. Not sure who makes it but it's an awesome little statue.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:15 AM   #58
craigcliff1
Zot

Diamond Select 2007 or so Came out around when I started collecting.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 AM   #59
craigcliff1
Zot

Looks sweet.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #60
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Looks good so far!