Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-07-2023, 12:12 AM   #1
pdenham
Teen Titans

Tomy: Back To The Future DeLorean 1/10 Scale

Just got an email from Tomy announcing this. 1/10 scale = 17".
Early POs can reserve it with a $5 deposit , and a final cost of $299 (25% off) for a limited time, before it goes up on Kickstarter.

This is the link they sent- don't know if it's a personalized code or not, but I'm not using it so feel free to give it a shot if you are interested.

https://backtothefuture.tomy.com/res...cid=e22aa0a295
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 02:02 PM   #2
Sokpan
Doh!

Also a VIP for this Kickstarter campaign.

Hi,

I am also a VIP for this item, and have paid my $5 deposit.
Basically all VIPs who paid the deposit, will get a 2 hour head start to the Kickstarter campaign to order theirs, after which he rest of non-VIPs will get access to it.

The VIPs need to use same email address they used to pay the deposit as they email in their Kickstarter campaign.

Tomy already sent link to the Kickstarter site, and we will receive an email alert on July 11th (9am EST they said) to go place our orders. Just one thing to note, Tony will only ship to US address, not international, so those of us outside US will have to find someone in US to get our orders or use a forward shipping company to send it to us.

Can't wait to place order, although it will be another year till we get our orders. And there might be delay, as their Enterprise model was delayed from June 2023 to November 2023, but that is risk we have to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Just got an email from Tomy announcing this. 1/10 scale = 17".
Early POs can reserve it with a $5 deposit , and a final cost of $299 (25% off) for a limited time, before it goes up on Kickstarter.

This is the link they sent- don't know if it's a personalized code or not, but I'm not using it so feel free to give it a shot if you are interested.

https://backtothefuture.tomy.com/res...cid=e22aa0a295
Sokpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 12:32 AM   #3
leplant
Deadman

Nice attention to detail, die cast, led light up features, and smoke. I’m in!
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 05:05 AM   #4
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokpan View Post
The VIPs need to use same email address they used to pay the deposit as they email in their Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks for the clarification.
Fortunately everyone that might be interested now can order- and still at 25% ($100) off.

Compare to the IS which is also at 1/10, but a couple inches longer.
Don't know which one is more screen accurate, but this - like the Enterprise last year- seems like a hell of a deal compared to all other options.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

At least we don't have to worry if it will hit the mark like the Enterprise project.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:01 AM   #6
Sokpan
Doh!

Kickstarter Update

Kickstarter campaign started on Tuesday, May 11th, still 2 days for Early Bird price before they go to actually full price.

You can order up to 5 DeLorean, and comes with special accessory, the dog.

It reached its goals and then some, almost on 2nd stretch goal (1st was lightning rod, 2nd is flame effects for wheels), should pass it today.

There are some arguments/complaints. First the $5 deposit was not taken into effect in pricing, TOMY stated it just gave you the 2-hour advance to place your order before it opened up to the public, which was not needed in my opinion, you could have saved the $5 and just waited. However, with the $5 you are considered VIP and you get to join the VIP Facebook group to chat with others and get updates, which is great to have.

Second, seems TOMY decided not to add the coloured wires in the interior as they showed in their prototype, they decided to go with just black, same as the outside. Some are complaining this goes against what they promised and showed, but with the campaign going strong, I hope they go back to coloured wires to make it look more authentic.

And still there is some complaining about $30 shipping only in US, but there is big discussion with VIP members to see if we can get a deal with a forward shipping company to get a special deal, TOMY also is trying to see if they can get a deal.

All in all, a great campaign, the product looks great and looking forward to next year to get it.
Sokpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 04:53 PM   #7
Moviefan2k4
Frackin!

I already have a plastic DeLorean, that I got at a convention way back in 2008. The outer box has since been tripped over countless times, so its a shadow of its former self...but the car inside still looks just as pretty.
Moviefan2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 04:26 PM   #8
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just put in for one. (Getting the Einstein version)
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote