Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-28-2023, 10:08 AM   #11
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
New reveal.

Kudos to Legendary Beasts Studios if they truly complete that line up. Even tho 1/3 is not my thing ...seeing that line up come together would be amazing.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:51 AM   #12
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Props to the commitment unlike nearly EVERY OTHER producer.
Very solid designs there.
I like that the bases are the same height and compliment one another. Something I wish TH had done with theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I feel like they should swap GL and Flash's bodies.
Agreed, Flash is too muscular. They must have taken a page from TH.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #13
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
New reveal.
Impressive. Diana is one for me, but it is cool they are going for it.

Is this the first company to do all 7 in a large (1:4 or 1:3) scale?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 11:17 AM   #14
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Rambling thoughts:

These look amazing, but I've got real concerns on going in on this line.

Will they really do all 7: How long will it take, will low sales on some make them put off or cancel doing them all. The time frame to get all 7 will be many years given the fact they are doing other DC/Batman characters and their Marvel lineup. The more time that goes by the more chance for them not to finish or change direction.

My main concern is their commitment to low ES: Let's say I buy the 1st 4 or 5 and then miss the PO for the 5th. I'm Sh!t out of luck and why would I give thousands of $$$ to buy into a line when I can't be guaranteed to get every one?

When they start out with the big 3 at low ES, if feels like diminishing desire for the next 4. How many are buying just WW or Superman or Batman or the Trinity or are going for a Batman with Rogues collection etc...? If half of those are bought without the intention of getting all 7, then the market for rest gets smaller and smaller.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:07 PM   #15
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Rambling thoughts:

These look amazing, but I've got real concerns on going in on this line.

Will they really do all 7: How long will it take, will low sales on some make them put off or cancel doing them all. The time frame to get all 7 will be many years given the fact they are doing other DC/Batman characters and their Marvel lineup. The more time that goes by the more chance for them not to finish or change direction.

My main concern is their commitment to low ES: Let's say I buy the 1st 4 or 5 and then miss the PO for the 5th. I'm Sh!t out of luck and why would I give thousands of $$$ to buy into a line when I can't be guaranteed to get every one?

When they start out with the big 3 at low ES, if feels like diminishing desire for the next 4. How many are buying just WW or Superman or Batman or the Trinity or are going for a Batman with Rogues collection etc...? If half of those are bought without the intention of getting all 7, then the market for rest gets smaller and smaller.
I know the logistics are complicated but it would be cool if somehow you could get some type of preferential treatment to buy the next character if you buy the one before that. At least then, you can be reasonably assured of getting all 7 if you want all 7. I know - easier said than done.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #16
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I know the logistics are complicated but it would be cool if somehow you could get some type of preferential treatment to buy the next character if you buy the one before that. At least then, you can be reasonably assured of getting all 7 if you want all 7. I know - easier said than done.
I'm sure it would be difficult, but it would be nice if they could figure it out. We don't yet know what the prices will be but with all 7 statues you're going to be paying a bare minimum of $12,000 all the way up to near $20,000 (with probable price increases over the next 5 years). For the vast majority of people that's a lot of financial commitment with no guarantee of getting them all.
Old 07-28-2023, 02:34 PM   #17
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

It makes perfect sense - from a business perspective and also the fact that prices go up all the time - that the first ones will be much cheaper than the last one, that's a given so something to bear in mind. Also, if you've bought the first few, there's no way you don't know when the next one will go up for order. They won't be so limited that you won't get a chance to order
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:51 PM   #18
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
It makes perfect sense - from a business perspective and also the fact that prices go up all the time - that the first ones will be much cheaper than the last one, that's a given so something to bear in mind. Also, if you've bought the first few, there's no way you don't know when the next one will go up for order. They won't be so limited that you won't get a chance to order
I wasn't contesting prices or price increases, just illustrating that the amount of money that will be spent is a lot for most people and at the same time having no guarantees of completion.

They've mentioned over and over that they will be small ES. Seems like it could be in the 150 ES range for each of the trinity so it will even be lower for the ones after that unless you believe that Martian Manhunter sells just as well as Batman.

You can totally miss a PO. If your retailer doesn't get their order in time then you are SOL. If you are busy when the PO goes up on your retailer site and is sells out quickly. I can think of many common and understandable ways you can miss a PO when something has a small ES.
Old 07-28-2023, 02:53 PM   #19
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
They've mentioned over and over that they will be small ES. Seems like it could be in the 150 ES range for each of the trinity
Not that low. Jay has repeatedly said that he only needs 388 customers, so I'd expect an ES around that number.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 03:07 PM   #20
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I wasn't contesting prices or price increases, just illustrating that the amount of money that will be spent is a lot for most people and at the same time having no guarantees of completion.

They've mentioned over and over that they will be small ES. Seems like it could be in the 150 ES range for each of the trinity so it will even be lower for the ones after that unless you believe that Martian Manhunter sells just as well as Batman.

You can totally miss a PO. If your retailer doesn't get their order in time then you are SOL. If you are busy when the PO goes up on your retailer site and is sells out quickly. I can think of many common and understandable ways you can miss a PO when something has a small ES.
Yes they're all things to bear in mind, there are considerations with any purchase so you need to decide if you want to go ahead. There are never guarantees with anything, much less collectibles
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote