Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #21
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Here are a couple of other coins I stumbled on recently that are really nice. I don't keep up to date on a lot of this stuff like I used too.

1 oz Silver Round - Get Your Kicks on Route 66

http://www.apmex.com/product/104261/...ks-on-route-66

And one of my favorites that I just learned about is Perth Mints Goddesses of Olympus series. These look absolutely beautiful and thier 2oz coins which makes them that much nicer. I will be placing an order for these very soon. These are pricey tho so thier definitely aimed more at collectors than precious metal investors.

2015 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Goddesses of Olympus Aphrodite BU (HR)

2015 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Goddesses of Olympus Athena BU (HR)

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:28 PM   #22
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

2015 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Goddesses of Olympus Hera BU (HR)

They also have a Gods of Olympus line which has quite a few releases, but my favorite is definitely Norse God Loki. Its just an absolutely beautiful coin. Poseidon is also a really nice one.

2016 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Norse Gods Loki BU (High Relief)

2014 Tuvalu 2 oz Silver Gods of Olympus Poseidon BU (High Relief)

I found this kinda funny. You can actually buy eBay gold now, lol.

Whats even crazier is how popular they are!

They have sold over 7000 of them, lol.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #23
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'm glad someone else shares my habit of being perpetually broke.

I have a lot of the coins you posted.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #24
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I'm glad someone else shares my habit of being perpetually broke.

I have a lot of the coins you posted.
Unfortunately, my collecting focus the last couple years really shifted to statues more than anything else so I just haven't been keeping an eye on the collector coin market like I used too. I have been spending our precious metal savings on just plain bullion. I say unfortunately because there have been some amazing collector coins released over the last couple of years that I wound up missing out on.

In particular, the Norse Gods and Goddeses of Olympus sets by Perth Mint are absoutely stunning and have risen in value significanly. Currrent prices on Apmex are $550 for Zues, $450 for Poseidon, $350 for Hades and the Goddesses are averaging around $400 each. All initially sold for less than $150 through the Perth Mint. And I am absolutely LOVING that 2oz high relief design that the Perth mint is using for those sets. Those are some of the nicest looking collectors coins I have seen to date.

Thankfully, I had 3 statues delivered in January and I have 5 statues that will be delivered at the end of February so once March hits, my hobby purchasing options open up considerably. And I am cutting way back on the number of statues I purchase this year so I will definitely be keeping my eye on this market again. I do have to admit, the Captain America Shield coin I purchased was one of the nicest collectors coins I have purchased to date. I just love how its curved like his shield.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:00 PM   #25
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

You might be able to merge your precious metal and statue collecting hobbies together with Heads or Tales Coin Co. Their >10oz statues are way overpriced, but they do limited runs of kilo statues which aren't too bad for a collector piece.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #26
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
You might be able to merge your precious metal and statue collecting hobbies together with Heads or Tales Coin Co. Their >10oz statues are way overpriced, but they do limited runs of kilo statues which aren't too bad for a collector piece.
Never heard of them. Will definitely have to check them out. The idea of precious metal statues sounds too good to be true, lol.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #27
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ok, I am really hating you right now!! Just checked out thier website and it only took about 30 seconds before i found a bunch of stuff I simply have to have. In particular the Frazetta precious metal statues!! The Huntress, one of my all time favorite pieces of comic art available as a precious metal statue. It is too good to be true, lol. Also Egyptian Queen and the Barbarian. All 3 are just over 7 ounces so while $299 is definiitely a bit pricey its not obscene.

Well, I certainly know where some of that money from less statue purchases this year will be going now.