Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-23-2017, 03:42 PM   #1991
nearmint
Phoenix

I have a 25% off coupon from Midtown Comics for anything they currently have in stock(no preorders). They have Hulk/Wolvie, Supergirl, the Pfeiffer Catwoman, Green Lantern, Darkseid, and BvS Batman.

What to do, what to do...
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #1992
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
When it goes up on my blog I will provide a link. I don't usually buy too many SS pieces mainly because I'm more interested in a comic accurate representation - but they knocked this dio out of the park! I remember the biggest issue with The Planet Hulk vs Silver Savage dio was the size. Here, there is nothing they could have done better! It is easily one of the best pieces I have seen executed by a company.
I have the EX myself and think this is a spectacular MAQ. Just an incredible looking piece. Honestly, the only change I would've liked to see is the scale. I truly wish they would have made this 1/4 scale. It's a mind blowing piece as is but I would have loved it if this MAQ was in 1/4 scale. Either way, this MAQ turned out phenomenal and I'm super stoked to have it in my collection.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #1993
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I have a 25% off coupon from Midtown Comics for anything they currently have in stock(no preorders). They have Hulk/Wolvie, Supergirl, the Pfeiffer Catwoman, Green Lantern, Darkseid, and BvS Batman.

That's a lot of options. Out of the pieces you listed, I like this MAQ the best and Darkseid runs a close 2nd.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #1994
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's a lot of options. Out of the pieces you listed, I like this MAQ the best and Darkseid runs a close 2nd.
thats not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hulk and wolvie all damn day
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 PM   #1995
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

I get those "come back!" coupons from time to time as well. Just be aware that their shipping costs are very, very high...and take a big bite out of any discount.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #1996
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I get those "come back!" coupons from time to time as well. Just be aware that their shipping costs are very, very high...and take a big bite out of any discount.
I got the same coupon last year and ordered the Classic Catwoman from them. They charged me $36 shipping, which didn't seem too bad. Of course, they sent me a statue with two identical profiles and no base, but they did pay for return shipping and shipped a replacement.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:28 AM   #1997
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
thats not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hulk and wolvie all damn day
I would definitely do the HULK and Wolverine MAQ 1st and foremost. However, I'm a big fan of the Darkseid PF.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #1998
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I received my statue and wolverine is literally split in half!

Is it supposed to be two pieces for wolverine as well? I don't see any apparent damage but I have to recheck because this doesn't seem normal. There is no magnet to hold the pieces together either

Anyone else have this?
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #1999
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
I received my statue and wolverine is literally split in half!

Is it supposed to be two pieces for wolverine as well? I don't see any apparent damage but I have to recheck because this doesn't seem normal. There is no magnet to hold the pieces together either

Anyone else have this?
I have a feeling you are trolling but I'll bite in case you legitimately need help.
Wolverine is one piece with the exception of the gloves and the heads. These separate pieces have magnets.
You either bought a recast or sideshow blundered significantly. Good luck.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:24 PM   #2000
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Definitely not trolling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2604.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	103266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2605.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	103267  
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote