Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2017, 08:44 AM   #2721
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post
Well, tough, looks like I have a decision to make today. Looks like the ex version from sideshow is down to limited quantity. I do like the normal portrait the best and would probably display her with that one most of the time, but I do like the second portrait as well. If I hated the second portrait this would be an easy decision I would probably wait as I think the normal edition size was around 5000.

Do you guys figure the Ex will prob still cost around the same thing in 1-2 years from aftermarket?

I guess bottom line is, to me at least, this is one hell of a sculpt. I think it really stands out as something quality. I did read yesterday, (don't know if it's true) but that Prime 1 does have a license for X-men statues. Don't know if them possibly making their own phoenix should factor into this at all, if that were to even happen.
EXs usually good in holding the price value, so despite the high ES, I think your best bet is to get it now.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:33 AM   #2722
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If you live in the US, or a place without crazy taxes, I would get the EX. There is no reason not to when the price is the same.

Aftermarket is irrelevant at that point, but Y3E is right, EX sell better. Probably for sure in this case since the EX is two great portraits.

Quote:
Well, tough, looks like I have a decision to make today. Looks like the ex version from sideshow is down to limited quantity. I do like the normal portrait the best and would probably display her with that one most of the time, but I do like the second portrait as well. If I hated the second portrait this would be an easy decision I would probably wait as I think the normal edition size was around 5000.

Do you guys figure the Ex will prob still cost around the same thing in 1-2 years from aftermarket?

I guess bottom line is, to me at least, this is one hell of a sculpt. I think it really stands out as something quality. I did read yesterday, (don't know if it's true) but that Prime 1 does have a license for X-men statues. Don't know if them possibly making their own phoenix should factor into this at all, if that were to even happen.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:02 AM   #2723
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The EX is really well done, though I don't think it fits the statue like the regular head does.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #2724
pokritz17
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The EX is really well done, though I don't think it fits the statue like the regular head does.
EX head is in the box for me, normal head is far superior IMHO
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #2725
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokritz17 View Post
EX head is in the box for me, normal head is far superior IMHO
Same. I'm pretty sure I'll never display the EX head.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #2726
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

It must come off better in person. Most people who have her in hand seem to prefer the reg head, but based on pics alone I find the ex to be nicer looking.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #2727
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

If this isn't one of Sideshow's low stock games, then this will be a fast sellout. Phoenix only came out a few months ago.

I bet the Exclusive will go up a bit because it's Jean and Sideshow's best version of her. I think they tried once before and this version is far better. There will probably be a price gap between the Sideshow and XM versions though. And you have to consider the potential breakage. Few collectors will want to go to eBay (even with their buyer protections) and just might get Phoenix direct while she's available.

I just read about the Prime 1 X-Men too. That has the potential to be better than this version. But in this case, I probably wouldn't wait.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #2728
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

With the way the market has been recently, I wouldn't bank on anything holding value. I follow prices on a lot of pieces quite regularly and over the past 6 months or so I've seen a lot of pieces that I thought would always hold value completely drop off and in quite a few cases they are selling for less than retail.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #2729
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
With the way the market has been recently, I wouldn't bank on anything holding value. I follow prices on a lot of pieces quite regularly and over the past 6 months or so I've seen a lot of pieces that I thought would always hold value completely drop off and in quite a few cases they are selling for less than retail.
I'm conducting an experiment related to this. I have a WTB thread offering retail for a sold out PF exclusive. I think it will happen, it's just a matter of how long it will take.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #2730
AC_808
Hercules

That's why I don't buy a statue on potential resell value. I buy a statue because I love it and I intend to keep it.

The way I see it, if I'm going to get stuck with a statue, then I'd better love it.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote