Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-24-2017, 07:43 PM   #1531
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Enough Webb!

I thought Toynami were the best
They're suppose to be...so something doesn't add-up.

What I find interesting is that Toynami is pretty much synonymous with Cinemaquette/ECC, basically top-tier quality. Hell, even Prime 1 uses them for production pieces (Arkham, Turtles, etc).
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #1532
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

i have a feeling we are going to be surprise when everybody starts getting it. it doesnt make sense that toynami is failing like this. i know, i know this is not the stego forum but just look how beautiful this came out and made by the same company!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	f8a18564034f78f02a684f7b70310a55b2191ca7.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	103130   Click image for larger version

Name:	456f27f7905298225773ec4bdeca7bcb0b46d446.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	103131   Click image for larger version

Name:	357e722c1cfcb469.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	103132   Click image for larger version

Name:	7d8bd0f1613d6f5e.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	103133  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #1533
Manu81
The Spirit

exactly tamaboy! none of the owners are around here complaining about this figure...why?
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #1534
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
exactly tamaboy! none of the owners are around here complaining about this figure...why?
ok but let me say this...those pieces are looking strange. they do look fishy. im holding to my theory, US is getting the best ones since CC is going to inspect them. the more ugly looking ones unfortunately are going to asia cause there is no QC there.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #1535
LSC
Doh!

Hi, I really wish CC can make a difference here on the quality shipped by their international supplier. I ordered from Popcultcha to Singapore and don't have the advantage to ship it back if did find any issue. I understand that it is TOYNAMI that produce the final piece, but CC should do something and make them responsible if taking this lightly, like absorbing the return shipping cost or sending replacement piece. This has to be done else they will keep doing the same thing once in a while.
LSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #1536
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
ok but let me say this...those pieces are looking strange. they do look fishy. im holding to my theory, US is getting the best ones since CC is going to inspect them. the more ugly looking ones unfortunately are going to asia cause there is no QC there.
Have you seen the building the fence video that was posted from Chronicle? That video is made using a production piece and it looks just like the photos we have seen here. I can't say I know for certain that you are wrong but can you give an example of a piece from Chronicle or sideshow where the ones sent overseas looks noticeably different from those in the US? It just seems highly unlikely
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #1537
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Have you seen the building the fence video that was posted from Chronicle? That video is made using a production piece and it looks just like the photos we have seen here. I can't say I know for certain that you are wrong but can you give an example of a piece from Chronicle or sideshow where the ones sent overseas looks noticeably different from those in the US? It just seems highly unlikely
again "its a theory" and if you notice, yes the product used in the vid. tutorial is indeed a PP but if you notice the head and the body colors match. and let me say more, those "pretty pics" we got with the infamous "#330"...its not #330. i matched some of the spots on the face with the one from the tutorial and...they do not match. soooooo, i dont know what is going on there.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #1538
Manu81
The Spirit

Personaly I have 14 days to return the statue to my local supplier if I dont like the final result but I amb absolutely sure that I will keep it I have just seen the weekly chat with CC of the 10th march, I really like the breakout and it was a production piece!! Even Paul says that it is one of the best paintjobs...he can not to be kidding...
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:13 PM   #1539
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
i have a feeling we are going to be surprise when everybody starts getting it. it doesnt make sense that toynami is failing like this. i know, i know this is not the stego forum but just look how beautiful this came out and made by the same company!!!

Should not be any difference if you receive 1st or last, quality should be the same across.We already saw the 1st ones and doesn't look good.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #1540
aaron0288
Frackin!

While I don't have this ordered, I do have the Stego ordered and am of course interested in all the future JP pieces, and I can only agree that something just doesn't sit right with how this has been handled. Having it constantly rammed down our throats from Paul that this is the ultimate JP collectable and we should be snapping the last few up is starting to sound a little brash. It is indeed insulting to many on here who have paid their hard earned cash to suggest these aren't as bad as they look simply because of the lighting. It doesn't sit well with me either that this comes so close after Paul had to (emphasise the "had to" there) reveal they used a different company to paint the endoskeleton, after assuring everyone beforehand they were indeed being painted by Toynami... They tried using a cheaper company (I guess?) to paint them and it failed. Kudos for admitting it, but again, you had to.

As some have said, it'd be great if CC offered most of their products unpainted and at a much lower price. It's eye opening seeing what some of you are paying professionals in the States to paint your stuff. I'm lucky I suppose in that I get to use the services of the brillant Martin Garratt here in the U.K. He builds, paints and makes amazing bases for peanuts. Just take a look at two examples below. Minus the cost of the models (£50 for the dilo and £150 for the Trike), the Dilo cost me £40, the sick Trike £50 and that thing is huge. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a "mass" produced product, but at the prices CC are charging, you can see why I'd expect something far better to what we are seeing and as close to the prototype as possible.

Paul, I really think you need to address the issue head on, as the longer this goes on, the more it looks like you're just burying your head in the sand. The pictures in this thread now are as clear as day... I can't tell you how exciting it is to finally see products of this calibre being made for my favourite film, but for the love of gravy, be honest with us and use a production company you can trust!

Alas, the pictures I've seen of the Stego are amazing. I just don't like how this whole breakout Rex thing is being handled. People are making valid points in this thread and are being shot down by the company itself. I doubt it's a biggie really as we're only a fraction of their customer base, but as a fellow collector and fan of JP, it's a shame to see so many like minded people disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1510.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	103134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2446.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	103135  
aaron0288 is offline   Reply With Quote