Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 10-31-2016, 01:54 AM   #131
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
I’m sure they have multiple artists working on various projects and it really comes down to the artists themselves who dictate the rate of completion.

What’s starting to concern me more is the execution of these dioramas. Seeing the initial concept art is nice and all but it differs from seeing the complete diorama. I’m getting a sense that each character is a separate diorama as oppose to a single multi character diorama.

Looking at Ken, the statue turned out great, awesome pose, great sculpt and paint application. The only downside I see is the footprint, it’s massive and seems a little excessive in my opinion. I can’t imagine how big the entire diorama will turn out.

As a side note, I was really pumped for DMC and Thundercats but after seeing them I got overwhelmed by the sheer size. Don’t get me wrong I think they look epic and I really like the story being portrayed. But honestly who has the room to display these massive dioramas? I realize there is the option to display them separately but that sort of defeats the purpose behind the whole concept.

Not to mention price being another factor, the DMC diorama was a lot to drop at once. It probably would have been wiser to split up, have a gap in between. Perhaps release as two separate VS dioramas as they should be, then push for sales through incentives and promotions.

In my opinion there should be a price cap depending on the number of characters. For example a two character 1/6 diorama should not exceed more than $650 +/- taking the character size in consideration. Looking at Thundercats, I can’t fathom it falling anywhere near that, but likely around $1200+.
Things always change from initial concept, but always for the better. The initial concepts are just inspirations but in terms of 3d execution, the sculpt has to not only look good from every angle, they have to go well with each other. The ultimate goal is to make them connectible and yet work well as standalone as well (to address concerns of footprint). That is why you will see how much Ryu's pose has changed since the concept and why we have added interchangeable options. Nothing is set in stone, neither should they be when it comes to executing any artwork.

As for the price concerns, we hear you. This is why we are considering having multiple purchase options. But price is really dictated by our costs. Our priority is quality and in order to do that, we have to maintain a certain price range per character as we have to do QC and iteration for each character. Not to mention, also ensure the project is delivered within a year of pre-order date.

Appreciate the feedback

Last edited by Kinetiquettes; 10-31-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #132
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Is possible to see an updated concept of the full diorama with update pose of characters?
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #133
~WindzStriker~
Frackin!

I have the Ken Master already.

I am looking to complete the whole line, please ensure their base can really connect together as proposed earlier, looking forward to this.
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:45 AM   #134
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Time for some teasers
Old 11-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #135
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
Things always change from initial concept, but always for the better. The initial concepts are just inspirations but in terms of 3d execution, the sculpt has to not only look good from every angle, they have to go well with each other. The ultimate goal is to make them connectible and yet work well as standalone as well (to address concerns of footprint). That is why you will see how much Ryu's pose has changed since the concept and why we have added interchangeable options. Nothing is set in stone, neither should they be when it comes to executing any artwork.

As for the price concerns, we hear you. This is why we are considering having multiple purchase options. But price is really dictated by our costs. Our priority is quality and in order to do that, we have to maintain a certain price range per character as we have to do QC and iteration for each character. Not to mention, also ensure the project is delivered within a year of pre-order date.

Appreciate the feedback
Thank you for the reply.

I really appreciate your input and I look forward to seeing what you have planned for the future.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:54 AM   #136
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Kinetiquettes,

You recently addressed pricing, but I have a related question. I'm still actually patiently awaiting my Ken from BBTS, but I was thinking about his price, related to the other three parts of this diorama. Ken's was the most detailed in pose, it seems, as well as having the most intricate/large base. Would this help contribute to the other three pieces costing less than Ken? I know this is early for Akuma and Gouken, but it appears that Ryu is fairly straightforward.

This is no knock on the other three. I think the diorama is fantastic. It just seems like the Ken portion would be the highest priced.

Thanks!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:01 PM   #137
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Kinetiquettes,

You recently addressed pricing, but I have a related question. I'm still actually patiently awaiting my Ken from BBTS, but I was thinking about his price, related to the other three parts of this diorama. Ken's was the most detailed in pose, it seems, as well as having the most intricate/large base. Would this help contribute to the other three pieces costing less than Ken? I know this is early for Akuma and Gouken, but it appears that Ryu is fairly straightforward.

This is no knock on the other three. I think the diorama is fantastic. It just seems like the Ken portion would be the highest priced.

Thanks!
You are half correct . The pricing really does depends on how the dioramas turn out but the details and size of each base is still TBD as we actually get down to sculpting them. Ryu's base at this time is actually as detailed and intricate as Ken's base since it has the other temple guardian. As mentioned, the concepts are really very loose and open to changes and adaptations in the sculpt stage.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:34 AM   #138
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post
You are half correct . The pricing really does depends on how the dioramas turn out but the details and size of each base is still TBD as we actually get down to sculpting them. Ryu's base at this time is actually as detailed and intricate as Ken's base since it has the other temple guardian. As mentioned, the concepts are really very loose and open to changes and adaptations in the sculpt stage.
Oh, ok. I didn't know there was going to be another guardian.

So bottom line, you foresee all four pieces probably being around the same price?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:07 AM   #139
khrisc
The X-Men

but when can we expect this diorama to be finished? At the rate this is going its gonna be a loooooong time
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #140
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Oh, ok. I didn't know there was going to be another guardian.

So bottom line, you foresee all four pieces probably being around the same price?
Possibly but still TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
but when can we expect this diorama to be finished? At the rate this is going its gonna be a loooooong time
We expect all POs to be out next year with actual shipping dates to be soon after. We had some delays as the sculptor was very busy finishing other projects on his plate.