Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #2231
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
There's absolutely no evidence to prove that low es=better quality or vice versa. I can understand why someone would think that, but it's simply not the case. There has been both bad and good qc on low and high es statues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
this.

a factory painter does exactly that...paint...for x hours per shift day after day. It is a job just like the rest of us have. whether they paint 5000 batmans or 10 ninja turtles...they paint.

qc has nothing to do with it. in fact, an argument can be made that doing the same thing over and over should make the final product better.

in reality, it boils down to the pride a worker has in doing their job. All of us have co-worker's who don't give a $hit and others who try their best. Why would it be any different in a factory in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
You should educate yourself, if a factory produces less pieces their painters are less likely to get tired of doing their job and perhaps wouldn't half ass the paint app.

You also need to mind your own business since you always look to pounce on me for my posts. You are not a mod in this section to kick rocks.
I think its more of a QC issue and becomes a Quality issue. As the Prototypes with SSC tend to have the best painters with the best paint applied. They intentionally dress it up to look its best. Kinda like the gimmicks to add light effect or photoshop the statues to make them pop more in the Ads. Some people mentioned earlier that its not a big deal when they make burgers looks better, but I see it as more of an issue when ur buying a $1000 dollar statue. So rather than having rich full colors, you end up with dull and flat that requires a repaint.

Also the higher the ES size, and poor QC...sloppy paint occurs or whatever happened to Wolverine's teeth in the Wolverine Vs Hulk Dio, plus the other issues propping up.

But people have pointed out that some of the newer ones have gotten better. I haven't heard issues with Gladiator Hulk and I thought Superman looked fine, even tho that weak base and Cape issue is messed up. It also seems like SSC is putting a lot of love into this project so I hope they are also putting the money into it as well rather than cutting corners, as I think a lot collectors fear that.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #2232
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Also you cant have a forward facing head at all. I think its beyond too late at this point. The neck is turning to the left. It wouldnt match a forward facing head at all.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:06 PM   #2233
AvoTaco
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

would love a facing forward head too. would love to display it on the Centre with the rest of marvel characters surrounding it
AvoTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #2234
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Speak for yourself my apocalypse statue is almost flawless compared to most I've seen online

Sarah
Which is why it was a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Also you cant have a forward facing head at all. I think its beyond too late at this point. The neck is turning to the left. It wouldnt match a forward facing head at all.
Yep not at all really... unless they change how the head swaps out
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #2235
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Sometimes the full neck is part of the swappable portrait. Looking forward to seeing the entire offering on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a swap out hand/forearm & portrait.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #2236
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Sometimes the full neck is part of the swappable portrait. Looking forward to seeing the entire offering on Wednesday. Fingers crossed for a swap out hand/forearm & portrait.
Only the head was swappable as far as what they showed in the video as the neck and body were together. I don't think there is anything that can be done with the way the neck is turned.... unless they make an entire change out the of neck and gold area

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:14 AM   #2237
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I completely forgot about that part in the "making of" vid.

This piece is ridiculous though. The portrait is Sideshow's crowning achievement to date (imo). I'm guessing we'll get a swap out hand, but I was hoping for an additional portrait.

I also can't see how this could host a forward facing portrait, but I also think a forward facing portrait would do this statue an injustice if it were the only one. Angles really bring out the dimensions.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:51 AM   #2238
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

does any souls know the correct SS price for this?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:03 AM   #2239
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I completely forgot about that part in the "making of" vid.

This piece is ridiculous though. The portrait is Sideshow's crowning achievement to date (imo). I'm guessing we'll get a swap out hand, but I was hoping for an additional portrait.

I also can't see how this could host a forward facing portrait, but I also think a forward facing portrait would do this statue an injustice if it were the only one. Angles really bring out the dimensions.

Say what? Portraits are The SS Specialty. This piece as a whole is a crowning achievement.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #2240
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

I thought there was going to be a switch out left arm, with hand gripping the arm rest; opposite of the right arm, and portrait, facing forward before. At least I assumed there was going to be. lol! It only would have made sense since its positioned properly to have the option.
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote