Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Python
Omega Red

Shipping cost increase

Just received this email, so consider this a heads up to those who aren't subscribed to newsletters etc. We're being bombarded from all sides in this hobby, this one typically hit right before my first PCS statue ships. I'm going to be buying so much less going forward, can't keep up with it all, especially the taxes we have applied to everything, including shipping..

"Hello Collectors

Recently Fed Ex has changed the formula used to calculate on large boxes, which has resulted in a dramatic increase in shipping costs.

Here is the information taken from the Fed Ex site (http://www.fedex.com/us/shipping-rates/)
All FedEx® packages are measured by dimensional weight regardless of the box size. Dimensional weight is based on volume — the amount of space a package occupies in relation to its actual weight.

How to calculate it:

1. Multiply the length by width by height of each package in inches.

2.Divide the total by 139 for all FedEx Express®, U.S. FedEx Ground®, and international FedEx Ground shipments.

The cost of your shipment is based on whichever value is greater: the dimensional weight or the actual weight.

The 139 is what changed - FedEx used to have you divide by 166.

For example, using the previous formula on a 1:3 Akuma, the dimensional weight would have been 63 lbs. Now, using the new formula, the dimensional weight is 75 lbs. In addition, beginning January 1st Fed Ex instituted an overall 4.9% increase on all rates.

The above has resulted in a 1:3 Akuma jumping 30%+ in shipping (depending on location)

We are PCS hate seeing this as much as you do. We know that with the rising costs in China, that shipping rate increases like this could mean the difference between being able to afford that new Statue, or not.

Unfortunately, this is out of our hands.

Thank you for your understanding."
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Certainly this impacts my buying habits. At this point anything that isnt destined to grail status I will ignore its PO day. It's easy to pick things up at cost or less at my leisure.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

PCS should consider shipping from China to those living in the EU. But still, assuming you're living in the U.K, that won't change, regardless of where you buy, you will still get a 20% slap in the face due to Brexit on top of the shipping hikes.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
vinnnie
Luke Cage

So does this only apply to Fed Ex? Me (International) get PCS shipped via USPS... or is this the China to PCS warehouse route.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Certainly this impacts my buying habits. At this point anything that isnt destined to grail status I will ignore its PO day. It's easy to pick things up at cost or less at my leisure.
I have to agree, its so easy to pick up pieces now a days by other means.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasrosas212 View Post
PCS should consider shipping from China to those living in the EU. But still, assuming you're living in the U.K, that won't change, regardless of where you buy, you will still get a 20% slap in the face due to Brexit on top of the shipping hikes.
I'd much prefer Jerry and the gang to get their hands on them and do the QC before getting them out to me.

Also with the new code we only get charged 5%.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
novaraven
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
So does this only apply to Fed Ex? Me (International) get PCS shipped via USPS... or is this the China to PCS warehouse route.
+1 on this. I need to pay for my 1:3 ninjas soon and my address is here in Canada with USPS shipping the packages. Will my shipping costs change??
novaraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #8
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Also with the new code we only get charged 5%.

Are you sure about this? It will certainly help if so, but we've heard this before and it rarely pans out once customs get their grubby hands on them.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

International packages have always been based on dimensional weight.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #10
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
+2 on this
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote