Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-31-2022, 03:11 PM   #1941
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Issiues missing from the omnibus ?!?!?!? no, i didn't know. Don't you think they will collect the missing issues in another Hickman omnibus, vol 2 or something ? I don't want to get the hardcover and double dip with a Hickman Omnibus, vol. 2 later on.

My Hickman Fantastic Four Omnibus, vol. 1 also arrived today. (: I hope i will be able to dive in to it soon.
I believe this omnibus includes X-Men #1-21, but #12-15 written by Hickman are missing because they are collected in the X of Swords hardcover. And then there's the initial House of X / Powers of X comics by Hickman also collected separately.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:11 PM   #1942
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I believe this omnibus includes X-Men #1-21, but #12-15 written by Hickman are missing because they are collected in the X of Swords hardcover. And then there's the initial House of X / Powers of X comics by Hickman also collected separately.
This seems like dirty tactic by Marvel to sell the hardcovers to people who buy the omnibus. I believe they will collect those hardcovers in an omnibus calling it vol. 2 or companion or something. I will wait.

I hope Marvel won't make an extended edition of the vol. 1 and add the hardcovers in there. Then i will be incredibly pissed. I don't have anyone here to sell my omnibuses to get advenced addition. I hate it when they do it. I'm looking at you DC, god damn Death and Return of Superman, The New Teen Titans and Supersons Extended edition Omnibuses... ---- you DC.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #1943
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Never mind, see if on CGN! Ordered!
Just be aware, this omnibus doesn't have the new material by Gaiman to finish out his original run. If you are only interested in the Moore stuff, then you are good.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:11 PM   #1944
Mister H
Gen 13

Captain Britain omnibus for sale at Instocktrades for $65. Both covers. Good deal on a 1360 page omnibus, don't know how long that will last. Just snagged the "modern" costume cover.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:58 PM   #1945
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Captain Britain omnibus for sale at Instocktrades for $65. Both covers. Good deal on a 1360 page omnibus, don't know how long that will last. Just snagged the "modern" costume cover.
I have not read mine yet but to I have looked through it and the Alan Davis artwork is simply stunning. Would love to see some portfolios or prints of his artwork done
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 12:54 PM   #1946
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That's the "expanded" version right? I'm curious if the extra stuff is worth it. I have the original omnibus with the "classic" costume.
Old 04-13-2022, 02:44 PM   #1947
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
That's the "expanded" version right? I'm curious if the extra stuff is worth it. I have the original omnibus with the "classic" costume.
You could also buy the two old oversized hardcovers that collect what's expanded in the new edition and have it all, as the new Omni is actually missing Captain America #305 and #306, included in the original.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 02:50 PM   #1948
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I ordered Fantastic Four by Hickman Omnibus, vol. 2 today. (:

I passed on War of The Realms Omnibus. I didn't get Aaron Thor as well anyway. I need to cut from somewhere so i cut from comics. I got in to Star Trek 1/6 dolls line besides statues. I need money for that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:54 AM   #1949
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
You could also buy the two old oversized hardcovers that collect what's expanded in the new edition and have it all, as the new Omni is actually missing Captain America #305 and #306, included in the original.
Good idea. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2022, 06:16 PM   #1950
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Just be aware, this omnibus doesn't have the new material by Gaiman to finish out his original run. If you are only interested in the Moore stuff, then you are good.

Good to know, but yeah, I'm only interested in the Moore stuff.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote