Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #81
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Tron Legacy is on Netflix.
Yeah I don't have a streaming plan though (disc only) so I was hoping someone could confirm it was a complete season or at least went past 17 episodes before looking into upgrading my plan.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #82
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yeah I don't have a streaming plan though (disc only) so I was hoping someone could confirm it was a complete season or at least went past 17 episodes before looking into upgrading my plan.
I just checked Netflix has all 19 episodes of Tron Uprising. the last episode is called Terminal, "Tron reveals to Beck that he is dying from a virus that was implanted in him during Clu's takeover".
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #83
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks Pat. Sounds like I've seen them all then. Guess they just scrapped the series before reaching a conclusion. Shame so many animated series suffer this fate.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #84
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

This is a huge shame. I am maybe 3 episodes behind but the show was really hitting its stride. There is an audience there and given time it would have translated into the coveted toy sales ect. Heck my 4 year old was wearing the McDonalds mask and swinging a foam sword around wanting me to refer to her as "Ms. Yamashiro"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #85
Vracula
Jedi Order

I couldn't get past the CGI and I am willing to bet part of the problem is this.It looks bad, They think kids are dumb and they will like anything which is another problem. Batman looks like a woman with a tight hijab.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #86
built2shred
Phoenix

That's a bummer if this is canceled, it was just starting to hit its stride. At first I was a bit concerned about the CGI, but it grew on me rather quick and I started to enjoy it. All the episodes were well written. I'm not sure why the CW network doesn't do what Fox does and have a 2 hr block of animated series. Since Warner Brothers owns the CW it would be the perfect platform. Not to mention they could write the show strictly for adults making it more gritty and fun to watch...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #87
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I couldn't get past the CGI and I am willing to bet part of the problem is this.It looks bad, They think kids are dumb and they will like anything which is another problem. Batman looks like a woman with a tight hijab.
I think its more along the lines that it's not a show where they have hyperactive bright colored toons talking in high pitch voices and bouncing all over the place. Most of Cartoon Networks shows are just commercial advertisements for toys.

Beware the Batman was written a bit more for adults then kids and I would bet this was the issue.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #88
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Much like Green Lantern The Animated Series I thought the CGI style of animation would be distracting and hard to get into. Just like GL though they made it work and I actually liked it more with each passing episode.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #89
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just saw this story on CBR. Not really surprised anymore by Cartoon Network. I really dislike that network. This is the same network that cancelled Tower Prep, still hasn't released it on DVD/Blu-ray, and prevented Paul Dini from explaining the ending or making a comic. Played games airing Young Justice. One of the best cartoons ever and eventually cancelled that. And now this.

I only watched two episodes of Beware the Batman. The first was so so. I missed the second as it left on demand fast for some reason. And the third which was really good. I still intend on getting it on Blu-ray. But I really didn't want to give Cartoon Network any of my normal time. Meaning watching shows on air. I don't know how these people in charge even call themselves Cartoon Network. It's a big joke now.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #90
patrickwm68
The Flash

The show is returning on July 27th to air it's remaining 15 episodes but get this, the episodes will air at 3 am on Sunday mornings.

http://www.newsarama.com/20922-bewar...s-a-catch.html
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote