Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #621
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by furycat View Post
i thought they making it, well for a company that have a bad rep , how can they be able to distribute medicom product.
Coz they aren't buying direct obviously. They are buying from a Medicom distributor who doesnt care, not medicom direct.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #622
AJON
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furycat View Post
this syco's link statue is really great.

so many interchangeable part.

1st is two hs, 6 interchangeable ARM not only that , it also have 3 interchangeable legs.
just check it out. .

for only little as $274.99 I will getting 5 of this statue. !!! there is no other statue company that can make so many interchangeable statue with this price!!!
Most of the products on Scamcos site are manufactured by other companies, Scamco sell for them and receive a 10-20%. DM did the same with One2One, we never sold ANY but they are a very good way of padding out the site to give the impression that your buisness it bigger than it really is.
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #623
AJON
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Firstly Marvel have not taken a stand, THEY HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! I informed them 18 months that DM was at it again they did nothing, then he sold Chris's Hulk, then the Iron Man, and now again another Iron Man, and what have they done? They told one person that called them that they are stopping all contracts with Syco? Woopeydoo!! They had no contracts to stop anyway! Where is the email sent to every collector of Marvel collectors in their email list warning them of this con man and to stay away from him and his company? Where are the statements put on forums and websites warning collectors of this guys history? If they had made a statement 18 months ago or 36 months ago when DM first cheated them, they could have stopped alot of people losing money and being cheated by this low life. Marvel, Disney, Warner, Kingfeatures do nothing unless it makes sense financially. My licensed work has been copied many, many times and all that happens is solicitors letters. All rogues like DM and dodgy factories know this that's why they don't care, action will only be taken when a company starts to sell in huge numbers, small thieves like DM can get away with it for years, the best way to stop him, is to no longer give him legitimate licenses (Warner) and seize all his copies at customs, this will annoy the factories as they won't get paid so they won't deal with him again and keep collectors active on spreading the word on DM and people like him.
AJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #624
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Don't get me wrong. I agree, but if he's been avoiding the police and lawyers all this time why would it be any different now? Yes it's good Marvel takes a stand, yes Warner Brothers should also take a stand and yes, yes, yes it's good the community speaks up. That's not the question I served up.
Well I don't know of any lawyers going after him but leaving the country is a pretty effective way of getting away from the police and he did that :<
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #625
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
I made my LAST warning on testyourmight.com
http://testyourmight.com/threads/syc...d.27796/page-2
and if the idiots still decide to turn a blind eye to all of this and defend them ...I HOPE they lose their money just so I can say "I told you so."
excellent man. and i see that Eric Sosa posted and let everyone know the truth about them as well.
now lest see if they listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Actually, that's not true! J pulled a female tease that leaves one with "MK9 statue blueballs."

Here I am getting info directly from his mouth on this forum about going full bore with MK products (both MK9 and Klassic), only to get let down with him stating they are phasing out MK9 and primarily doing Klassic CRAP (my opinion). So now I buy Scorpion, pre-order Kitana and Shao Kahn feeling real good that MK9 stuff is finally rolling.

Then WHAMMO!!! Get deflating news. Honestly, both of these companies have let me down personally in different ways....one for being shiesty and another for being a tease! All the same in my book!
well i dont collect MK stuff. and i dont know much about PCS. but i dont think PCS has taking peoples money and not delivered have they?
Jerry isn't a known con artist and crook who has stolen money form his own family and others in the industry has he? or taken advantage of artists? please correct me if im wrong.
so yeah ill say PCS is far more honest than scamco. and to compare the two as being the same is absurd.
so tell me this. would you rather be teased with a potential statue and not loose your money?
or place a pre-order on a statue that is supposed to be out years ago and take a chance to never see the statue and loose your money and support a known criminal in the processes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Don't get me wrong. I agree, but if he's been avoiding the police and lawyers all this time why would it be any different now? Yes it's good Marvel takes a stand, yes Warner Brothers should also take a stand and yes, yes, yes it's good the community speaks up. That's not the question I served up.

I wonder if he actually gives a flying.... He doesn't need a license or permission from an artists to produce whatever the hell he wants (in his world that is!). It's like telling a Columbian drug lord that it's not ok to sell drugs. He knows that. Will he stop? Hell no. Not selling this man a license is as effective as telling a ridiculously annoying hobo not to come into your house every day, but leaving the door open when you go to work. Marvel not granting Syco a license isn't stopping Syco from offering people Iron Man collectibles through mail.

If you can't get him to stop in China, make sure he can't sell in other regions. The Mortal Kombat license for instance has been said to be only for Asia and the Middle East. Why are they being sold in Europe? Contact European agencies and other bodies. Stop the products from getting in. Send them back from where they came.

Again. I support all the actions taken against this company, but I question the impact it'll have on a seasoned scam artist like this.
no, he doesn't give a flying crap that has been proven already. and your absolutely right. he could very well keep doing what he is doing. but the more reason why this guy needs to put out of business. will it happen? it may not. but every bit can help. the more things like this happen the better IMO. but the thing is. he was trying to acquire a Marvel license. and due to the voices and truth that was spoken here on these forums have convinced Marvel to decided other wise and not give them a license. will it prevent him from selling illegal items? probably not. but im pretty sure him not being able to acquire the license is a huge blow to d'uhrren and abdingleberry. id put money on it that they are not happy about it at all. after all its there dream (as abdouche would put it) to be like like the big boys (SS) and that dream for having licensed products has been squashed.

i can see and understand your analogy. but just like with the cartel. there are always good and honest people who will fight them and make it difficult for them to make money distributing their goods. it wont put them out of business entirely. but it will take away from their over all potential sales. and will take away from the potential money they would have made.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #626
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well i dont collect MK stuff. and i dont know much about PCS. but i dont think PCS has taking peoples money and not delivered have they?
Jerry isn't a known con artist and crook who has stolen money form his own family and others in the industry has he? or taken advantage of artists? please correct me if im wrong.
so yeah ill say PCS is far more honest than scamco. and to compare the two as being the same is absurd.
so tell me this. would you rather be teased with a potential statue and not loose your money?
or place a pre-order on a statue that is supposed to be out years ago and take a chance to never see the statue and loose your money and support a known criminal in the processes?
Loric never implied that Jerry was a con man or that he should ever be compared to the likes of Darren. He highlighted a post about PCS giving Mortal Kombat fans the products that they desire. He simply stated, in his opinion, that PCS was not exactly delivering on their MK promise.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #627
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

LOL at the hate on their FB page. If they ban everyone saying negative things again like they did last time they won't have anyone left.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #628
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Loric never implied that Jerry was a con man or that should ever be compared to the likes of Darren. He highlighted a post about PCS giving Mortal Kombat fans the products that they desire. He simply stated, in his opinion, that PCS was not exactly delivering on their MK promise.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Luminous. Much appreciated.

And I can say this...Syco as it turns out (or Darren rather) seems to be a conniving soothetalker, but I would be remiss if I didn't let it be known that I received every single product I ordered from Syco directly (Ermac 1:4 and Scorpion 1:2 bust....both of which have long since been sold) with no incident.

I am not giving Darren or Syco a pass in the least. But as it pertains to PCS, it to me IS somewhat similar from the standpoint of saying publicly that MK9 is moving forward full steam, then only turn around and do a 180 degree and change your mind after I plunkered down money for a Scorpion. If I had known he was going to stop or phase out MK9 (because I have absolutely 0 interest in boring Klassic crap), I would have not bought the Scorpion to begin with, nor would I have pre-ordered the Kitana or Shao Kahn PFs (I don't care how awesome they are). I hate when a line starts and then all of a sudden, a company pulls out the chair beneath the collector due to some lame ass excuse or other unbeknownst reasons. He did the same thing with the Thundercats license. I can definitely understand one's hesitations with buying future licensed products from PCS due to what has happened with TCats and now MK9. Something now tells me the same thing will happen with the MOTU license that PCS is getting ready to do....not due to it not selling well, but because JM flip flops on what he wants to do (he's stated that before himself btw). The first two statues will be Filmation style, then all of a sudden he'll go to a more realistic style. Damn! Make up your damn mind!

How do you think that comes across to a collector that wants MOTU and/or MK9 products to begin with? Honestly, it sure isn't a whole hell of a lot different than Syco's promises of MK9 statues shown years ago, most of which have not come out and probably never will.

I am not associating Jerry with Darren, but his decisions to suddently start then stop a product he said was coming out....well, it's hard to take anyone like that at face value.

From now on, its wait and see attitude. I am not holding out hope for any company just to get let down again. I'm tired of these statue blueballs I am getting from all these companies. SS does it to, just to a much lesser extent.

No Juggernaut, no Magneto, no Apocalypse, no Loki, no....a whole lot of other crap I care not ramble on about! I'm sick of this S#!t!!!!!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #629
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJON View Post
Firstly Marvel have not taken a stand, THEY HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! I informed them 18 months that DM was at it again they did nothing, then he sold Chris's Hulk, then the Iron Man, and now again another Iron Man, and what have they done? They told one person that called them that they are stopping all contracts with Syco? Woopeydoo!! They had no contracts to stop anyway! Where is the email sent to every collector of Marvel collectors in their email list warning them of this con man and to stay away from him and his company? Where are the statements put on forums and websites warning collectors of this guys history? If they had made a statement 18 months ago or 36 months ago when DM first cheated them, they could have stopped alot of people losing money and being cheated by this low life. Marvel, Disney, Warner, Kingfeatures do nothing unless it makes sense financially. My licensed work has been copied many, many times and all that happens is solicitors letters. All rogues like DM and dodgy factories know this that's why they don't care, action will only be taken when a company starts to sell in huge numbers, small thieves like DM can get away with it for years, the best way to stop him, is to no longer give him legitimate licenses (Warner) and seize all his copies at customs, this will annoy the factories as they won't get paid so they won't deal with him again and keep collectors active on spreading the word on DM and people like him.
dude to my understanding there were contracts and now there is no business being done with syco by either Marvel nor Disney.

I cannot go into your contact with their legal team some time ago, I can just go on my contact with their legal team and my talks with them. They have taken a stand and are not doing business with Syco.

also how can they email every collector of Marvel or Disney products to tell them of this? I understand your frustration on things for sure. Marvel nor Disney typically to my understanding do not make huge public announcements every where when they serve ties with s small company.

As for Syco selling recasts and other things I'm sure there will be some sort of action taken. we just may not know what it is.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #630
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

also please keep this thread on point about Syco and that companies thieving ways.

I do not really care who is making the best Mk statues or what version. I just care that a group of scumbags are loosing and folks do not get taken by them. especially our membership here.