Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #11
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloprinzi View Post
I think the only reason we may never get an omega red from koto is because he isn't that popular. I was so excited when they announced rouge and sabertooth especially sabertooth. Then canceled them. I was so disappointed. I am glad to see rouge back i just hope they bring sabertooth back.
I'm sure if enough people requested for him, Kotobukiya will listen. What I loved about Erick's Sabretooth sculpt was the face. It was just so savage and aggressive. I hope when they finally decide to remake this statue, they keep his face, or just make a few tweaks.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 AM   #12
7th and Tef
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I think the only reason we may never get an omega red from koto is because he isn't that popular. I was so excited when they announced rouge and sabertooth especially sabertooth. Then canceled them. I was so disappointed. I am glad to see rouge back i just hope they bring sabertooth back.
That right my little friend they always be focus in popular chars because that the ppl buy, is a little sad but is business, in other page carnage really I didn't expect it but now is a reality I love it, we need a couple dc too but I don't want open thread into thread 😝
7th and Tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #13
aloprinzi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Good idea crankyjammies. What do you think would be the best way to get our voices heard on getting these characters made? I know gomur has made alot of noise. Maybe he and us and other could start a petition or something to get sabertooth, omega red and others made? Could you help gomur?
aloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #14
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Good idea crankyjammies. What do you think would be the best way to get our voices heard on getting these characters made? I know gomur has made alot of noise. Maybe he and us and other could start a petition or something to get sabertooth, omega red and others made? Could you help gomur?
We could. And I'd love to help out with the "cause". Lol. But we have to do it at the right time and I'm not so sure that time is now. Kotobukiya will be too busy making adjustments and producing the statues and collectibles showcased in this year's SDCC, and they have a lot. I think if we were going to petition for a character, it'd have to wait a few months, maybe before the year ends.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #15
aloprinzi

Cool..I'm ready whenever everyone is on board let me know.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #16
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

In my opinion, Omega red is a must villain after Sabretooth. After all, Jim Lee drew them the best and they deserve to be part of the DRS line at some point.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #17
Warpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I think the Bowen OR is great!
I can see why. From certain angles it is pretty great! I've talked myself into buying it TWICE; unfortunately, each time I've tried to display it I just can't get away from the way it looks from other angles, and I end up selling it. In that vein, I am hoping Sosa can make one I will want to keep for more than a month.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
In my opinion, Omega red is a must villain after Sabretooth. After all, Jim Lee drew them the best and they deserve to be part of the DRS line at some point.
Great pics, JP. Now my nostalgia meter is running on high! Omega Red was a classic Jim Lee villain and I'd love to see Erick cut loose on him. I thought "crouching" would work best, but now I think "standing" to show off his imposing physique.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
We could. And I'd love to help out with the "cause". Lol. But we have to do it at the right time and I'm not so sure that time is now. Kotobukiya will be too busy making adjustments and producing the statues and collectibles showcased in this year's SDCC, and they have a lot. I think if we were going to petition for a character, it'd have to wait a few months, maybe before the year ends.
I love your enthusiasm, Aloprinzi, but I feel Cranky is right. Juggernaut hasn't hit the shelves yet. Rogue, Carnage, and Wolverine are in the queue. I thought we could start a petition right after Comic Con, but maybe in a couple months. It's going to be harder this time around because everyone feels passionate about several characters! Storm, Iceman, Omega Red, etc. Iceman and Apocalypse won the last hero/villain polls we did, so my impulse is to lead with them. Whichever characters we petition, it's important that they have strong support from us collectors.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #19
aloprinzi

I'm with you 100% gomur. Honesty as long as a sabertooth is made.. i would be happy with whatever other characters anyone wants.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #20
aloprinzi

I totally agree. I know we all have our favorite characters. I feel it is a shame some of are favorite characters may never get made just because they are not popular. I really think the perfect time for an apocalypse statue would either be the up coming new year or around the new movies release. I guess it would make sense? Sorry..i realize I started this on omega red. I do realize there are alot of characters to choose from.