Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #11
aloprinzi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Gomur could you give me your honest opinion on the Bowen version of the fantastic four you have?
aloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Personally I love having the Sideshow dio representing the FF in my collection.

In regards to the Koto piece, if rumors are to be believed, there is a moratorium on anything FF related in place by Disney/Marvel so its production may not be a possibility.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 08-04-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #13
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
If Koto released a modern and dynamic design like the Silva Bros' sketch below, then I'd consider it. The execution would have to be perfect though. Clear Human Torch and partially invisible Sue Richards with great paints all around.

I'm pretty content with my Museum Fantastic Four by Bowen, so this isn't high on my Wish List. If FF statues were released based on the upcoming movie, then I can already say I won't be buying. Too radical a departure from the comics.

I buy that in a heartbeat.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Personally I love having the Sideshow dio representing the FF in my collection.

In regards to the Koto piece, if rumors are to be believed, there is a moratorium on anything FF related in place by Disney/Marvel so its production may not be a possibility.
I hadn't considered this scenario. Could be to avoid conflict with 20th Century Fox who holds movie rights? And that Sideshow diorama is a work of art. I wish they had given Ben Grimm legs, but it might not have worked with the overall look they were going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post

I buy that in a heartbeat.
It's definitely one of the better Mr. Fantastics out there. If Invisible Woman could have a clear wall forming in front of her, it would score more points! Not many statues showcase that part of her power. I could see myself switching over to a Koto FF, but again their paints would have to be top notch, JP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloprinzi View Post
Gomur could you give me your honest opinion on the Bowen version of the fantastic four you have?
I'm not a diehard fan of the Fantastic Four, but I wanted to have them represented in my collection. I bought the Bowen 3-pack and the corresponding Thing statue. However, the Johnny Storm statue didn't pack enough firepower (pun intended), so I also purchased the Human Torch version. Mr. Fantastic is nice with a stretched arm and doodad, but he's pretty reserved. Same with Invisible Woman. They're both fine as museum statues go, and their compact poses and bases allow them to be repositioned easily and placed close together. Needless to say, it's Ben Grimm and Human Torch who steal the show.

Here's a more in-depth review with pics by Sash501 from the other forum:
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f515/re...501-24995.html

And here's a pic by Thanos13 of his line-up, which matches my own. You can see just how small the bases are, allowing for a variety of placements.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur;4877510 [IMG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_36Lt4PB_zKw/TFbnEHocgfI/AAAAAAAAAks/an_vIMNSmb4/s1600/fantasticfour1.jpg[/IMG]
I'd buy a Fantastic 4 set. But I am very tired of rock bases. Plus, Invisible Woman looks like she's struggling to find her balance in that kind of pose. Human Torch's balance would also be an issue long term, if they made him like that.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I'm pretty content with my Museum Fantastic Four by Bowen, so this isn't high on my Wish List. If FF statues were released based on the upcoming movie, then I can already say I won't be buying. Too radical a departure from the comics.
If Koto makes a FF set for its Fine Arts Line (which is the only line I care about), I'm pretty sure it won't be based on the movie. That's Hot Toys' job. ArtFX or ArtFX+ maybe.

PS: GREAT BOWEN FF SET! What a nice set to display together!
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #17
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

a modern version would be nice, Bowen has already done a classic version
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #18
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Sure, depends what format/line Koto produces them in. I would like Human Torch & Invisible Woman to be made in clear resin/PVC & painted like the Bowen Designs statues.

Be great if they're in action poses wearing their blue outfits in 1/6 Fine Arts format. Their bold Marvel Now uniforms would look good in ArtFX+ 1/10 scale...

... & would be sweet if Koto will offer variants too, ideally in their white Future Foundation outfits (bonus if Franklin & Valeria Richard statues were made & sold as a two pack as well).

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #19
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Been waiting on the right Fantastic Four statues to come out in 1:6, but nothing out there has me biting. The newest FF from Bowen is a bit too old school looking for me. I'd love the FF based off the Silva Bros concept art, but with a few changes. I'd love to see Sue with a clear invisible shield either forming from her hands or halfway around her. Human Torch would need to be translucent and less stiff posed. Thing and Richard are good as is.

I'd really love to see this sketch from Supermn619:

Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Not really crazy about that red color scheme, but the poses look great on those modern ones, although Ben looks too small and confused. I also like Supermn619's sketch. I think it if wasn't for all this movie politicking, we might be getting something from Koto and/or Sideshow. Like a couple of thousand statues are somehow going to make a difference at the boxoffice. Good grief.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote