Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #111
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Warlock said it right. It's a nice piece but an underwhelming one. The price is too high on this. I will sit out for now. I have too many preorders with other companies.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #112
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
I too remember that ARH said the bottom would be removable. The next of the many promises ARH didn't keep.

The piece itself is looking good, but nothing outstanding, since the last Arkhalla 1/4 looks basically the same.
It was a reply to a comment on a post on facebook... it's not like it was on an order page. This isn't a promise. Maybe they wanted to but changed their mind :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #113
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'm on the fence because I wanted a 1/4 Arkhalla, but I feel like if you can see the skin between a statues legs, there should at least be something there. Will Arkhalla be wearing underwear under that skirt? If not, it will always seem unfinished to me.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #114
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Every comment I read on this thread makes me think of how great this piece COULD have been. So dissapointing.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #115
AC_808
Hercules

Man ...I wish this was priced as much as Sha-ryn. Priced at $399 rather than $465.

Has ARH ever readjusted a price tag after setting it?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #116
The13thWarlock

No that I have seen. I'm curious to know how well this piece is or is not selling. If it makes you feel better... She-ryn is probably under priced. I'm just talking though, that doesn't even make me feel better! lol!

I'm still on the fence with this one. I'll see how Narama looks (then honestly, probably even wait longer! lol!)
Old 10-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #117
The13thWarlock

So I just read on FB where Arahom talks about why the bottom piece doesn't come off...

Apparently, he originally wanted it to come off. That was the plan. But as he worked on it more he realized that making this piece removable would compromise the design of the sculpture because he couldn't get a removal piece of clothing to hug the statue's ass like he wanted it to.

I get it... but it still sucks. Oh well, such is the physics of statue design!!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:29 PM   #118
Thegameman2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
If it makes you feel better... She-ryn is probably under priced.
No way She-ryn was under priced. If anything she was a little over. They priced her at around that same price that PCS prices thier pieces after discounts and all thier stuff is licensed. Arkhalla is way over priced. It is a simple non licensed statue. It just seems like they are just trying to fund their projects.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #119
The13thWarlock

I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that it's over priced because it's not a "licensed" product. What's the difference between paying more for a Spider-Man statue because part of the money goes to marvel or paying more for Arkhalla because she is an ARH character. Of course that's not a direct comparison but just like Spider-Man is marvels intellectual property, Arkhalla is ARHs intellectual property. If Stan Lee is making money on Spider-Man, shouldn't Arahom make money on his characters?
Old 10-17-2016, 12:35 AM   #120
Thegameman2011

Arkhalla is over priced because there is noting there. It lacks intricate details. Sure Arahom should make money off his ideas. He can charge more if he wants. My point is that what you are getting with this statue, for the price, is minimal compared to other 1/4 scale statues where the a company still has to pay for the rights and make money. I'm not knocking ARH. It's a beautiful sculpt. However, even naked chicks will not sell out if not properly priced. There has to be value, and IMO that value is missing.