Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Mass Effect is here.

Just picked this up and played it for a little while. It's pretty dang cool. The conversation trees are awesome and the voice acting is impressive. The games great looking for the most part, but does have some bugs here and there. I just started and haven't figured out what I'm doing exactly, but so far, I'm pretty impressed with it.

The amount of info and data on every single thing is amazing. I can tell this'll be a game that takes some time to really figure out. I'm not the most patient gamer in the world...I have no patience actually LOL, but when it's high quality like this, I'll make an exception.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

thought about getting THIS or assasins creed. Which would you reccommend?
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I love these kinds of games! KOTOR was like the best one ever! And this is even bigger and better it will take a long time to beat this and it's a game you don't want to rush either!

By the way this is an RPG if you know what that is, and Assassin's Creed is more of action/stealth. So that alone should tell you something. Go to IGN or Gamespot and watch some videos.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Yeah, AC and ME are very different games. The gameplay in ME is very similar to Ghost Recon or even a bit like Gears of War. Just add a huge story and lots of rpg elements to them. I haven't played AC yet, but from what I've seen, it's kinda like the Prince of Persia games, but way more ambitious and it has a sandbox (free roam) element. Obviously, I chose ME, but I can easily understand why someone would prefer AC. Tough call.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

I love RPGs! Diablo II is my favorite one, and I enjoyed KOTOR as well. hmmmmmm ...decisions decisions...
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKinky View Post
Go to IGN or Gamespot and watch some videos.
Yeah go there for movies but not for the reviews, at least not on ign. Usualy there reviews are dead on but they sorely dropped the ball on Assassins creed. It rules and deserves an equal score as Mass effect - though both are totaly different games. Personaly I'd go for both.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
HelloKinky

Yeah I just speak to watch trailers and gameplay elements. And if you liked Diablo and KOTOR this is a must. I can see getting this over AC just cause Taz beat it so fast I'm want something with a little more substance right now
Old 11-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I didnt beat it that fast, 20+ hours and still have to find all the flags. I guess it's a little on the short side but dont let that stop you. I think this is a must have game and the flags add some length. It's not like it's a chore finding them. It plays so fun I enjoy getting them all
Old 11-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
HelloKinky

Well then that makes all the difference! 20 hours is plenty. You must have a lot of time on your hands then if that's what you do!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #10
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKinky View Post
Well then that makes all the difference! 20 hours is plenty. You must have a lot of time on your hands then if that's what you do!
Actualy I dont. With 2 kids and a full time job I just sacrifice sleep