Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #21
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I said slow sales, which I think is true for a new Mario game. Especially for a system that desperately needs good games. Metroid too. Numbers could be better for what could arguably be considered the biggest games the Wii will ever have... Yes, they're selling well, but considering the situation, they should be selling better IMO.

Systems sales are only a small part of the equation. Software sales are what keep a console alive. Slow software sales on the Wii are going to eventually scare away the big publishers and then we'll have another Gamecube on our hands. A system that only has first party games worth buying. In which case, you're only talking about a couple good games a year. Just saying... I don't believe Nintendo will win this cycle...not a chance IMO. The DS is another story.
That's what I had read. That the sales numbers were looking like the Wii would eventually drop out of being a console contender.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #22
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I said slow sales, which I think is true for a new Mario game. Especially for a system that desperately needs good games. Metroid too. Numbers could be better for what could arguably be considered the biggest games the Wii will ever have... Yes, they're selling well, but considering the situation, they should be selling better IMO.

Systems sales are only a small part of the equation. Software sales are what keep a console alive. Slow software sales on the Wii are going to eventually scare away the big publishers and then we'll have another Gamecube on our hands. A system that only has first party games worth buying. In which case, you're only talking about a couple good games a year. Just saying... I don't believe Nintendo will win this cycle...not a chance IMO. The DS is another story.
They are selling just right IMO. The wii isn't aimed at hardcore gamers and games like Zelda, Metroid, and Mario are aimed at the more experienced gamer. So to say they should be selling better on a console that is aimed at the casual gaming audience doesn't work for me.

The Wii is already winning. The Gamecube didn't have alot of 3rd party support yes, but it didn't sell anywhere near the amount of wiis. The Wii has the largest installed fanbase this gen and I see it going no where.

Nintendo is not competing with the likes of 360 and PS3 they stated so themselves, they are going for a different audience and demographic. Games also like Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Battalion Wars 2, No More Heroes, Nights, as well as hard hitting 1st party titles such as Mario Kart and Smash Brothers...2008 looks to be more successful than 2007, and that's say alot.

By next holiday season they will already have dropped the price even more most likely release new colors, and the games will look much better as Mario already looks great and can already hold it's with some PS3 and 360 titles in terms of visuals, and Smash Brothers looks much better than Galaxy!

So I must say, I disagree on every point.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #23
snappahead
Producer
Producer

NP...I'm right, but that's all good. We'll find out soon enough.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #24
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
LOL
Old 12-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #25
Red X

Quote:
We will find out soon enough who wins! Remembet his day! Snappa calls for the wii to not win and die early. I do not! Remember al this day!
Old 12-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Wait, wait...never said die. Didn't say that..I said they wouldn't win. Big difference. The sales will slow to a crawl and the 360 and PS3 sales will remain steady... Wii gets 2nd...maybe 3rd.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #27
Red X

Quote:
Wait, wait...never said die. Didn't say that..I said they wouldn't win. Big difference. The sales will slow to a crawl and the 360 and PS3 sales will remain steady... Wii gets 2nd...maybe 3rd.

I dunno man. Nintendos new system will prob be out before the lifespan of the 360 and PS3 are done, so it's weird.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #28
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
I dunno man. Nintendos new system will prob be out before the lifespan of the 360 and PS3 are done, so it's weird.
That's a possibility. The way I look at it is, the Wii (more so then any other) is all about exclusives. People aren't going to choose Madden on the Wii over the PS3 or 360. And that will probably be the case for any non exclusive. That leaves the Wii with Nintendo games and little to nothing else. Nintendo games are enough to keep the system alive and kicking (just like the Gamecube), but I can't see that winning the war.

Nintendo's made a killing with the hardware sales and that's great, but once the publishers walk away (and I'm convinced they will) that'll be all she wrote. If I'm right though, that could as you say, lead them to launch a new system first next go around.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #29
Red X

Quote:
That's a possibility. The way I look at it is, the Wii (more so then any other) is all about exclusives. People aren't going to choose Madden on the Wii over the PS3 or 360. And that will probably be the case for any non exclusive. That leaves the Wii with Nintendo games and little to nothing else. Nintendo games are enough to keep the system alive and kicking (just like the Gamecube), but I can't see that winning the war.

Nintendo's made a killing with the hardware sales and that's great, but once the publishers walk away (and I'm convinced they will) that'll be all she wrote. If I'm right though, that could as you say, lead them to launch a new system first next go around.

Some people don't even like Madden...People are buying the wii for the exclusive titles and new ways to play, like RE: Umbrella Chronicles that game is not on any other systems and you can't play it the way you would on the others. We can't just base sale predictions on cross platform games. Some people don't own 2 consoles some casual gamers can care less about certain franchises that cater to the more hardcore crowd.

I don't believe that software sales falling would lead them to laucnh a new system, I see them supporting the wii just as Sony still supports the PS2 now because of the such large installed fanbase. Which can be attributed to the lack of PS3 sales because PS2 sales are still going strong.

I see just the hardware which is underpowered to be hindered in the future (2 or 3 years from ) which matches because the "average" age of a console is about 5 years...until the next one is released. But I see PS3 and 360 dominating for a year or 2 longer than that. Then I can still see the PS3 in the PS2 shoes now, still be supported and going strong while they release PS4.

I mean already Nintendo is working with holodisc for the next system. Which holds a hell of alot more space than the blu-ray does. Nintendo has this pattern where they innovate improve, innovate, improve.

Nes innovated, snes improved...same goes for 64 to gamecube, same will apply to wii and it's successor.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #30
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

What I consider to be the damaging aspect to the Wii is core gamer age.

I'm talking about the 10-20 year olds. They are already tiring of the Wii and if the stats are right that say they spend the most money then it doesn't look good for the future of the Wii.

As I've said before, my 10 year old son has grown bored of the Wii. The XBOX suits him much more with the type of games and online play.