Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Apocalypse 15 26.32%
Superman 42 73.68%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Too many haters......

Sup's wins. Apoc can't hurt him.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
Too many haters......

Sup's wins. Apoc can't hurt him.
And how exactly does Supes hurt Apoc? Apocalypse makes Batman's "prep time" seem like an elementary school program. With access to crazy-powerful technology, backed by a genius intellect, Apocalypse has the potential to beat anybody. Superman has been beaten by lesser foes than Apocalypse.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #23
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
And how exactly does Supes hurt Apoc? Apocalypse makes Batman's "prep time" seem like an elementary school program. With access to crazy-powerful technology, backed by a genius intellect, Apocalypse has the potential to beat anybody. Superman has been beaten by lesser foes than Apocalypse.
yes but unfortunatly despite the fact that he shouldn't be Apoc has been beaten by foes far lesser then Clark.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #24
twoferflinchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
yes but unfortunatly despite the fact that he shouldn't be Apoc has been beaten by foes far lesser then Clark.
Yes, and Wolverine has beaten Lobo. Crappy writing happens. If written properly, my money would be on Apocalypse.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #25
bat_collector
Galactus

I don't see how apocalypse wins this one.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #26
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
Yes, and Wolverine has beaten Lobo. Crappy writing happens. If written properly, my money would be on Apocalypse.
i agree, and Apoc is one of my favorite characters, just saying you can't use the "beaten by lesser people" against clark and negate that our Eqyptian pal has lost to plenty as well
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #27
twoferflinchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i agree, and Apoc is one of my favorite characters, just saying you can't use the "beaten by lesser people" against clark and negate that our Eqyptian pal has lost to plenty as well
True, true. But knowing that, doesn't it stand to reason that Apocalypse winning this isn't outside the realms of possibility? I see a lot of posts that state "Superman takes this", but I don't see their explainations as to how, leading me to believe that it's more of a popularity vote than an actual vs. thread.
Honestly, I'm not even much of an Apoc fan, but I've read most of his appearances (being an X-Men fan), and knowing the extent of Superman's abilities (who doesn't?), it isn't a stretch to see Apoc taking this.
I find it amusing that if this were a Bats vs. Supes thread, most of you would take Batman via "prep time", but don't give Apoc a chance, even though he far outclasses Bats in terms of power and intellect, and yes, even prep time.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #28
johnnybik
Frackin!

I gotta say I was unsure of how apocalypse's self manipulation works so I looked it up on wiki, although I dont like to use it, and it said that self manipulation is the Ability to mentally manipulate the molecules of objects and/or one's self on a molecular level. I also saw all the other abilities which I didnt realize he had.

After looking at this I dont think supes has a chance. I mean the self manipulation alone enables apocalypse to change himself, or atleast part of him, into kryptonite.

I am not a fan of pac but I gotta give it up to him.
johnnybik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #29
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybik View Post
I gotta say I was unsure of how apocalypse's self manipulation works so I looked it up on wiki, although I dont like to use it, and it said that self manipulation is the Ability to mentally manipulate the molecules of objects and/or one's self on a molecular level. I also saw all the other abilities which I didnt realize he had.

After looking at this I dont think supes has a chance. I mean the self manipulation alone enables apocalypse to change himself, or atleast part of him, into kryptonite.

I am not a fan of pac but I gotta give it up to him.

He has no idea that Kryptonite is his weakness. APOC while very powerful in his own right just doesn't have the firepower to beat Clark.

He literally couldn't hurt Clark while Clark could knock him around all day long. This combination of strength, speed and durability is way too much for APOC.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #30
johnnybik
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
He has no idea that Kryptonite is his weakness. APOC while very powerful in his own right just doesn't have the firepower to beat Clark.

He literally couldn't hurt Clark while Clark could knock him around all day long. This combination of strength, speed and durability is way too much for APOC.
Apocalypse has telepathy he can easily find out that kryptonite is superman's weakness
johnnybik is offline   Reply With Quote