Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #101
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Sideshow's has a much stronger old school horror vibe. I'd absolutely love to see a black and white painted version.

Prime1's is more super-heroish.

I think they've both achieved to a high standard what they set out to do. Can't go wrong with either. Display the one that best fits your collection and personal taste.
Completely agree. Both look phenomenal but I prefer the SS piece. Just has a more supernatural/horror vibe, IMO.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:28 AM   #102
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I watched a short vid of this. Besides the very impressive character, the base is also exceptionally impressive. It reminds me of something ECC would do. Like they did with the Cinemaquette Predator. Sideshow's Swamp Thing showcasing looked great, but there's no denying this one sits at the top of swamp mountain.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:30 AM   #103
Timothy
The Spirit

I think the debate over Sideshow versus Prime 1 is a little silly. You really cannot compare these statues because both companies appear to have entirely different goals...it just depends on when you started reading the character.

The Sideshow version of Swamp Thing appears like a terrific amalgamation between the Wrightson and Veitch/Totleben art work. Pose fits like a lumbering monster worthy of a "House of Secrets" comic.

However, the Prime 1 version appears to be the new 52 version drawn by Paquette. Pose fits a classic super hero.

Both versions are excellent. The only real question to ask yourself is which comics you liked better.

I liked the Wrightson/Veitch/Totleben drawn comics better, so that is the one I will buy.

You cannot go wrong with either one.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:33 AM   #104
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I think the debate over Sideshow versus Prime 1 is a little silly. You really cannot compare these statues because both companies appear to have entirely different goals...it just depends on when you started reading the character.

The Sideshow version of Swamp Thing appears like a terrific amalgamation between the Wrightson and Veitch/Totleben art work. Pose fits like a lumbering monster worthy of a "House of Secrets" comic.

However, the Prime 1 version appears to be the new 52 version drawn by Paquette. Pose fits a classic super hero.

Both versions are excellent. The only real question to ask yourself is which comics you liked better.

I liked the Wrightson/Veitch/Totleben drawn comics better, so that is the one I will buy.

You cannot go wrong with either one.
Well said!
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:33 AM   #105
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Sideshow: Here's the definitive Swamp Thing statue that we put our top people on.

P1: Hold my beer.

All joking aside, they are both nice statues. It's a great time for Swamp Thing fans, that's for sure.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:22 AM   #106
Python
Omega Red

This looks amazing...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #107
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I really liked Sideshow's Swamp Thing when I saw it at SDCC, but Prime absolutely killed the detail and paint on theirs. I know they are two different versions of the character, but I have to go with Prime on this one. The paint on Prime's really shows off the detail of the sculpt whereas now I think Sideshow's looks muddled. Plus, all those switch-outs are awesome.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #108
akitadad
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Looking good so far. Switch out arm?
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #109
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #110
Sandman585
Hydra

Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote