Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 01-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #21
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR2
I read Sgt. Rock. I need to reread it as I was half-asleep at the time. I'll get back to everyone on that.

A quick Infinite Crisis question for everyone.

Isn't Alex Luthor from Earth-3? You know, the original Crime Syndicate Earth.
He is from the Crime Syndicate Eart, yes he is.

WKTF, I read Sgt. Rock. It was awesome. I love it. this is my first Sgt Rock read and Joe Kubert read. Awesome story and art. But I gotta admit I'm more concerned about the dog than anything. And major kudos to dc for not printing ANY adds in this book till the end of the issue.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
He is from the Crime Syndicate Eart, yes he is.

WKTF, I read Sgt. Rock. It was awesome. I love it. this is my first Sgt Rock read and Joe Kubert read. Awesome story and art. But I gotta admit I'm more concerned about the dog than anything. And major kudos to dc for not printing ANY adds in this book till the end of the issue.
b_c, I'm glad you liked Sgt. Rock. If you're digging Joe Kubert then there are other great books for you to pick up. The man has an incredible history in comics: DC Hawkman Archives, OGN's like "Yossel" or "Jew Gangster" (both previously reviewed by me), or Dark Horse's recent repackaging of the Tarzan title Kubert did for DC.

On IC #4, there are multiple reviews at this link that some may find beneficial, as well. Plus, among others, a review of AS Superman #2.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=56709

Also, I finally read the recent Green Lantern. I'd given up on the book but am rehooked: Pacheo is going to be known as an Alan Moore revisioninst artist, first with the Superman/Batman tribute to "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" and, now, this throw back to "What Do You Get the Man Who Has Everything?" Awesome!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:31 PM   #23
Uselessfew
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Great reviews as always guys. Sam thanks for having a look at the Punisher v Bullseye run. B_C is picking these up for me so i can't wait to read them myself. I'm amazed Bullseye isn't used more often in comics, he's a great villain.
I wish they would put him up against Deadpool some time. They're in the same biz and all. These limited series with Bullseye have been great, though.
Uselessfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #24
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Also, I finally read the recent Green Lantern. I'd given up on the book but am rehooked: Pacheo is going to be known as an Alan Moore revisioninst artist, first with the Superman/Batman tribute to "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" and, now, this throw back to "What Do You Get the Man Who Has Everything?" Awesome!
Exactly! I'm thinking this is going to be a great green lantern arc. This was esepcially nice as I just read the superman annual with mongul a day before I read Green Lantern issue.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #25
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Exactly! I'm thinking this is going to be a great green lantern arc. This was esepcially nice as I just read the superman annual with mongul a day before I read Green Lantern issue.
and WHO told you to hurry up and read GL 7 after you read the Superman Annual?
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #26
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
and WHO told you to hurry up and read GL 7 after you read the Superman Annual?
Yes once again I gotta thank my fellow comic geek from FL