Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-01-2023, 12:58 PM   #101
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Been picking these up on discount, lovely little line really cool pieces, if these were 1/6 and polystone, people would be raving, but honestly at this price point and size i think they're perfect to do a good decent sized line!

SS bust is really well done too, though these are no where near 1/2 scale, but it's good sized bust for sure especially if you can pick them up at a reduced cost.

Looking forward to getting Snake eyes bust and searching for the Destro bust!
Was just looking at these and noticing they were on sale? Destro bust is the one I want most. You have to search?
You're in UK though? lottsa sales stateside on Destro bust Amazon etc.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #102
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Was just looking at these and noticing they were on sale? Destro bust is the one I want most. You have to search?
You're in UK though? lottsa sales stateside on Destro bust Amazon etc.
Yeah bit tougher to find here in the UK especially on discount I lucked out on the SS bust at ?97 and the other 2 I picked up for ?25 each.

I can get a Destro bust shipped from the US for around $120 inc tax so it is an option too...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:18 PM   #103
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Yeah bit tougher to find here in the UK especially on discount I lucked out on the SS bust at ?97 and the other 2 I picked up for ?25 each.

I can get a Destro bust shipped from the US for around $120 inc tax so it is an option too...
Yeah cheapest I know of for Destro bust shipped here is $89
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:03 PM   #104
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

Been picking these up on discount, lovely little line really cool pieces, if these were 1/6 and polystone, people would be raving, but honestly at this price point and size i think they're perfect to do a good decent sized line!

SS bust is really well done too, though these are no where near 1/2 scale, but it's good sized bust for sure especially if you can pick them up at a reduced cost.

Looking forward to getting Snake eyes bust and searching for the Destro bust!
Great pics! And I agree these would get alot more fanfare if they were 1/6 polystone. The rate of production would be more forgivable if that were the case. Don't mean to beat a dead horse but I've had Destro since December 2021 and we're still only 5 characters deep into the line, including Joe Colson. I buy Marvel Gallery pieces too so I know Diamond can do better.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:31 PM   #105
DSTZach
Distributor

If they were resin, they would cost a couple hundred each, and we would not sell any, based on how well the resin Transformers statues have done.

PVC takes just as much time to develop, if not more with tool creation. So the pace would be the same, since we try not to have multiple PVCs from one line in pre-order at once. Not sure where we are with the next piece.

Marvel is the exception, because Marvel is far more popular, especially with our customer base, which is largely comic shops. Also, we've been making them since 2016, so there is far more momentum.
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 11:20 PM   #106
Master Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
If they were resin, they would cost a couple hundred each, and we would not sell any, based on how well the resin Transformers statues have done.

PVC takes just as much time to develop, if not more with tool creation. So the pace would be the same, since we try not to have multiple PVCs from one line in pre-order at once. Not sure where we are with the next piece.

Marvel is the exception, because Marvel is far more popular, especially with our customer base, which is largely comic shops. Also, we've been making them since 2016, so there is far more momentum.
Yeah I have no idea how they'd actually sell if the GI Joe line was resin, but they'd be talked about in the community alot more than they are now. And yes Marvel is more popular than GI Joe but because I grew up in the 80's they'll always be forever linked because of the comics and TV series.

Anyway, Thanks for your responses Zach, always appreciated.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:11 AM   #107
DSTZach
Distributor

You're welcome. I am not sure why resin statues would be talked about more, especially given that they'd be inaccessible to a large number of our current customers, but maybe you mean the statue community, in which case, sure, why not.
Old 09-07-2023, 03:32 AM   #108
Master Pizza

Quote:
You're welcome. I am not sure why resin statues would be talked about more, especially given that they'd be inaccessible to a large number of our current customers, but maybe you mean the statue community, in which case, sure, why not.
Yes, the statue community is what I was referring to and I thought that's what Deadghostknight's original comment was talking about.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:38 PM   #109
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:

Yeah i was going to come back and say it's obvious why Marvel has such a large line so fast...because its Marvel and it's popular.

I don't mind a couple/three PVC pieces a year as long as the line goes for a while!

Quote:
Yeah the statue community for sure, i think there's massive negative connotations and elitism towards smaller PVC statues still which is a shame because this line is fab! But again I get that if these were $300-500 each i doubt you'd get the sales and we'd have another Joe line that does 1 or 2 pieces or characters then fades away...so for me this makes far more sense especially with such a large cast of characters.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 07:15 PM   #110
DSTZach
Distributor

I think, if anything, these Gallery Dioramas bring more people into the statue collecting hobby.