Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 01-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #11
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Great reviews as always guys. Sam thanks for having a look at the Punisher v Bullseye run. B_C is picking these up for me so i can't wait to read them myself. I'm amazed Bullseye isn't used more often in comics, he's a great villain.

Bendis had him popping in and out of DD for awhile. He wasn't used because kevin smith was supposed to revamp him in his series, Bullseye, Target, or whatever it was called, and well, he never finished it, which really PO'd a lot of creators who wanted to use Bulls, but couldn't cause of smith's dumb ass (bendis being one of those creators).
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Bullseye was just in DD a couple of months ago, in fact.

On another note: No Joe Kubert Sgt. Rock readers? Hard to believe...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #13
Azog
Sailor Moon

Glad you liked Allstar Supes 2, Joe! I thought this one was well written and planned out. If Miller would take notes for Allstar Bats he would have a better story going on his title...
Azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Bullseye was just in DD a couple of months ago, in fact.

On another note: No Joe Kubert Sgt. Rock readers? Hard to believe...

Everyone was all happy to see Miller back on Batman, and well, we all agree he sucks and shoulda stayed away.

But Kubert on Rock? Damn, now that's where it's at. Kubert IS Rock, plain and simple, I got the HC OGN he did with Azzarello last year (the SGT Rock one), his art made the winter forests of Europe during WW2 come alive.

I didn't even know about this book brother, I'm going to have to check it out...
Old 01-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Everyone was all happy to see Miller back on Batman, and well, we all agree he sucks and shoulda stayed away.

But Kubert on Rock? Damn, now that's where it's at. Kubert IS Rock, plain and simple, I got the HC OGN he did with Azzarello last year (the SGT Rock one), his art made the winter forests of Europe during WW2 come alive.

I didn't even know about this book brother, I'm going to have to check it out...
Sam, the thing Joe Kubert does better than nearly anyone in comics is inject humanity into his work.

As opaque as that sounds, I don't know how to put it any other way. From the facial expressions, to the body language, to the depiction of the surroundings, to the dialogue and continuity of story (see my point about the dog in our first post), you truly feel the reality in his work. As good (even great) as they are, I simply don't get this from artists like Jim Lee, George Perez, David Finch, or other high profile artists. And I LOVE Perez's work...you know that. There's action, thrills, great stories, etc., to be found in the work of other creators, for sure. There's just something about Kubert's work that pulls at my heart.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

I'll be reading this tonight to see how it is WKTF
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Got to my LCS last night and Hellblazer was definately my ROAR comic this week (followed by Legion of Superheroes if you can believe it). Great read. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.

No thread picked up from what should be ongoing emotional fallout from the events of the last year or so. I don't know if that means this story happened prior to the last one or if John really is that much of a uncaring git. Some of this comes from a new writer coming on board, but I hope it is not a ditching of inconvenient plot (ala Bendis). I'm definately back for next issue and Sam is right that this is a great jump-on point for new readers.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #18
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

So even now that it's over no one reads "The Losers"? (sigh) Okay.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
So even now that it's over no one reads "The Losers"? (sigh) Okay.
No one reads "The Losers"? Or "Sgt. Rock"?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #20
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I read Sgt. Rock. I need to reread it as I was half-asleep at the time. I'll get back to everyone on that.

A quick Infinite Crisis question for everyone.

Isn't Alex Luthor from Earth-3? You know, the original Crime Syndicate Earth.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote