Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 02-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #21
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by furie
Love the reviews, guys! Thanks a lot -- now I can go shopping.

Wk - I know Sam collects older books, but do you buy silver-age stuff? Curious.

Furie
To Sam's point, I have a ton of silver age books already but, yes, I do pick up more silver age books from time to time. I recently picked up a better quality copy of Silver Surfer #4 than the one I had, for example.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
I am intrigued by "Y". It has been on my radar for a while. I may have to pick up a trade or two.
Mad, I'm with you. Haven't read it yet but there are just too many people who love this series. Just going to have to break down and pick up the trades, I guess. I have a feeling, like with Preacher or League of Extraordinary Gentleman, that I'll be kicking myself for not having read these after I read the trades.

Right, Sam?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #23
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Mad, I'm with you. Haven't read it yet but there are just too many people who love this series. Just going to have to break down and pick up the trades, I guess. I have a feeling, like with Preacher or League of Extraordinary Gentleman, that I'll be kicking myself for not having read these after I read the trades.

Right, Sam?

pretty much yo..
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #24
Roguewarrior
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I thought that the Nighthawk Miniseries was a good idea that just was not thought through enough. I love the basis of the story. But It seems that the final results was weak. Plot threads were not always clear to follow. Some threads seemed to lead you no where, like the attendant in the bathroom. Some of the conversations that he had with verious people in the story could of been done with out. I miss the three issue mini-series that Marvel use to have. This would of been a much better Mini if there were only three books instead of six. I loved the art though.
Roguewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #25
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguewarrior
I thought that the Nighthawk Miniseries was a good idea that just was not thought through enough. I love the basis of the story. But It seems that the final results was weak. Plot threads were not always clear to follow. Some threads seemed to lead you no where, like the attendant in the bathroom. Some of the conversations that he had with verious people in the story could of been done with out. I miss the three issue mini-series that Marvel use to have. This would of been a much better Mini if there were only three books instead of six. I loved the art though.
Thanks for your comments, Roguewarrior. The more people that pitch in with their thoughts on this column the more everyone benefits from it.