Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 03-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
Relic Reaper
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Dawg, b_c's correct. There will be an Ultimate 3 with Joe Mad art. I'm not sure who's doing the writing. I'm pretty unimpressed with Mad's concept art and new costuming, though. Seems to be pushing the look of the Ultimate U closer to that of the Marvel U.

Thanks again for the awesome reviews, guys! I was talking to my lcs guy last week about Ultimates 3 and he mentioned that Jeph Loeb is going to be writing it. I like Loeb's writing a lot, but my friend has concerns that it won't be able to maintain the gritty feel that The Ultimates has had to date. The one thing I'm not too keen on, is Mad's art on the series. While I enjoy his art on the whole, I also don't like the concept art revealed so far and I think it's going to completely change the feel of The Ultimates (and not necessarily for the better), but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Relic Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #12
rychehitman
Galactus

Sam, WKTF....

Will you guys be reviewing the POST CIVIL WAR AVENGERS line up???

Check out the thread I started, but be warned of the spoilers!!!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie
Are you referring to E-1 Superboy's history in general, his "parentage", or something else? I've been reading up on him quite a bit with Reign of the Supermen, Teen Titans, and Legion: Foundations, so I may be able to help.
No, not his history in general. I've got all that as I've been following him and reading about him going back to Reign of the Supermen. I'm speaking specifically about the scene early on in Infinite Crisis #5 with Luthor vs. the scene with Nightwing. Given the scene with Luthor, I don't know how he could have met up with Nightwing. But I think there's some info or plot line out there that I just must have missed.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman
Sam, WKTF....

Will you guys be reviewing the POST CIVIL WAR AVENGERS line up???

Check out the thread I started, but be warned of the spoilers!!!

I guess either of us will be able to write about that from first hand experience. But, hell, it looks like the biggest, bad@ss, most winning Avengers line up I've ever seen!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
rychehitman
Galactus

you got that right!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
Primal
Batman

Cool reviews guys. IC #5 kicked my ass for another issue in a row. Such a satisfying storyline and you really get your money's worth per issue. Sorry to see the last page wasnt as big an impact on you since you'd seen the figure of it already. I didnt know about this figure so the moment REALLY surprised me. Coolness! I guess you dont want it but...I wish IC would go on for more issues than planned!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #17
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

FYI - I talked to Jiminez at the NYC Con last weekend. Vertigo's "Other World" will be returning after Infinite Crisis. For those of us following that great book, it is what we figured, but I was able to get that confirmed.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #18
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
As good as this issue is, and it’s a really great read, it’s not without its problems. First, it seems that Jiminez is having trouble staying on schedule as evidenced by the assists this issue by Ordway and Reis. I’m a fan of Ordway’s 1980s Superman and Power of Shazam art but for big events like this I’d like more consistency in the art.
According to a recent Newsarama interview, Jerry only penciled the Earth 2 sequences. According to the interview this was always going to be the case, as DC wanted a different look for the Earth 2 sequences in the book than the Earth 1 ... this isn't to say that PJ isn't falling behind schedule, but when you look at the detail and the total scope of this project .. I doubt it would be humanly possible for anyone to keep up this pace ... also the interview mentioned some changes that Dan Didio requested to be made just before the issue went to print which delayed it even further.

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/show...threadid=61342.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
FYI - I talked to Jiminez at the NYC Con last weekend. Vertigo's "Other World" will be returning after Infinite Crisis. For those of us following that great book, it is what we figured, but I was able to get that confirmed.
THANK GOD! I was really enjoying that series.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #19
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

huh, no one read "The American Way?"

aargh, word on that catwoman book, the cover art is definately decieving. Great OGN. And thanks all for the compliments.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #20
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I love Book of Doom, I have the first 3 issues so far. It's one of the best titles out there.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote