Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 03-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #11
jimi311
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Thank GOD you nailed the Daredevil review!!!!! Bats completely struck out with me because he didn't review it. Its easily the best book that came out this week and Brubaker is doing an unbelievable job following what is in my opinion the best Daredevil run ever!!! I know people love Miller's work (so do I) but Bendis had a better overall idea from the beginning. (I'm ready for the wrath from the Miller fans)
jimi311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi311
Thank GOD you nailed the Daredevil review!!!!! Bats completely struck out with me because he didn't review it. Its easily the best book that came out this week and Brubaker is doing an unbelievable job following what is in my opinion the best Daredevil run ever!!! I know people love Miller's work (so do I) but Bendis had a better overall idea from the beginning. (I'm ready for the wrath from the Miller fans)
Hey, man, I'm a Miller fan and I'm right there with you! I loved Bendis' run and Brubaker's just taking it all to a whole new level. Nuff said!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawg59
Oh and hey Sammy... How is the art in Catwoman... you've got me interested...

it's pretty good vato, the artist really does well with Selina's eyes (I know it's a weird thing to notice, but it's the most prominent thing I remember after reading it).

aargh, we are in 100% agreement, I was way let down by loosing the "MAX" designation, but Gary Frank is just bruning up the pages, MAX or Knights, he's still the man.

Dammit, I got DD also, but haven't had the chance to read it, hopefully I can get to it this weekend...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Dammit, I got DD also, but haven't had the chance to read it, hopefully I can get to it this weekend...
Sam, as you would say, DD is dope! It's so damn good! Can't wait to read second installment of Planet Hulk, myself!

Hey, man, how'd you get your avatar's eyes to blink like that?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #15
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Sam, as you would say, DD is dope! It's so damn good! Can't wait to read second installment of Planet Hulk, myself!

Hey, man, how'd you get your avatar's eyes to blink like that?
the avatar master himself primal, word.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

WKTF, good call on cap. I just don't like this epting knock off artsit they currently have. Can't draw a good steve rogers, which is bad when he isn't in costume for most of the book.

But good writing prevails.

Sam, did you pick up manhunter?
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_logan_collector
WKTF, good call on cap. I just don't like this epting knock off artsit they currently have. Can't draw a good steve rogers, which is bad when he isn't in costume for most of the book.

But good writing prevails.

Sam, did you pick up manhunter?

of course mike. Been with manhunter since the beginning, I even reviewed it a couple of times. But of course, I haven't gotten to the latest issue yet...
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #18
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Mike, the Epting knock of artist didn't bother me that much though I completely agree with your point about how poorly he drew Steve Rogers. I'm just glad his style, natural or forced, blended so well with Epting's so it didn't interupt the flow Brubaker and Epting have created.

On a completely different topic, is anyone else reading Kuber's Sgt. Rock book? It's trying hard to educate and make a statement, I admit, but I think that in Kubert's case that only enhances what's too short a mini series to really tell this story right. Am I alone on this one? That's okay, if so, just wondering.

Also, any other Batman versus Predator fans out there?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #19
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Mike, the Epting knock of artist didn't bother me that much though I completely agree with your point about how poorly he drew Steve Rogers. I'm just glad his style, natural or forced, blended so well with Epting's so it didn't interupt the flow Brubaker and Epting have created.

On a completely different topic, is anyone else reading Kuber's Sgt. Rock book? It's trying hard to educate and make a statement, I admit, but I think that in Kubert's case that only enhances what's too short a mini series to really tell this story right. Am I alone on this one? That's okay, if so, just wondering.

Also, any other Batman versus Predator fans out there?
I'll catch up on SGt Rock this weekend man and let you know.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Mike, good enough on Sgt. Rock. Did you pick up on the last sentence of my Batman versus Predator review?