Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 04-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
aiight. Maybe I'll try and get a review done of the first bookend issue and ask joe to post it up this weekend...
If you can't do it, sammy, I can always do one tongiht.

Let me know, no biggie either way.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #12
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

I'm with you on Ms. Marvel. I am looking forward to Doc Strange in issue #4, so I'll be on board at least that long.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are a lot of comics out there to review, and you do a disproportionate amount of "Ultimate" reviews. I know there are a lot of people that like the Ultiverse, but I would much rather know what is going on in the books of the regular Marvel and DC Universes.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #13
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
I'm with you on Ms. Marvel. I am looking forward to Doc Strange in issue #4, so I'll be on board at least that long.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are a lot of comics out there to review, and you do a disproportionate amount of "Ultimate" reviews. I know there are a lot of people that like the Ultiverse, but I would much rather know what is going on in the books of the regular Marvel and DC Universes.

make a request and we'll see what we can get done. We've taken requests before...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mad, for the input. The only Ultimate U book I review is The Ultimates so, based on that schedule, doesn't even happen once per month. The rest are regular Marvel U, DC and other companies. True, Sam does more Ultimate U stuff but we hope, between the two of us, we balance out.

That is...unless you read only Sam's reviews and just skip over mine.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
Thanks, Mad, for the input. The only Ultimate U book I review is The Ultimates so, based on that schedule, doesn't even happen once per month. The rest are regular Marvel U, DC and other companies. True, Sam does more Ultimate U stuff but we hope, between the two of us, we balance out.

BAH. I'm only writing ultimate reviews from now on. Ultimate Reviews and Rob Liefield books. That's IT.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
hungrydaddy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
Nice reviews guys. I'd be interested in a review of the Annihilation mini series. I love the cover art that Dell'Otto has produced. Wondering if the story lines live up to the cover art.
I read the bookend issue that started it. The art was not all that great, fairly dull. But I am not a cosmic fan and I was very intrigued by the story and interested in getting the books. I plan on doing it in trade due to civil war, but I enjoyed it and would suggest it myself. The writing seems good, just a matter of art on some of the limiteds.
hungrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #17
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
BAH. I'm only writing ultimate reviews from now on. Ultimate Reviews and Rob Liefield books. That's IT.
Nnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf

I read them all, even yours.

Not much out this week, I'd agree. Still, Thunderbolts or X-Men might have been better than more Ultiverse.

Next week? I'd hope we'd see the first Wolverine Origins. I've been buying Justice but I haven't read it yet. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus comes out next week, too!

Keep up the good work. I know you guys put a lot of time into this.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 AM   #18
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
Astral Projection Mode-rator. That's me.
Bah. Tis loki's venom, that's all.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #19
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
Astral Projection Mode-rator. That's me.
Ectoplasmic Dana! Infused with Loki's venom? Wearing Tony Stark's stealth armor?

Toxie! You out there? What'd you think of the Apache Skies review? My thanks, again, because I never would have picked this or Blaze of Glory up without your recommendation.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrydaddy
I read the bookend issue that started it. The art was not all that great, fairly dull. But I am not a cosmic fan and I was very intrigued by the story and interested in getting the books. I plan on doing it in trade due to civil war, but I enjoyed it and would suggest it myself. The writing seems good, just a matter of art on some of the limiteds.
Are you talking about the internal art?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote