Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 10-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #21
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I've enjoyed the Stan Lee mets issues even the X-men issue that was packaged with X3 DVD so far. Joe I'm glad you reviewed CRIMINAL I loved it and all Brubaker stuff right now, even X-Men and your review was right on. I can't wait till issue # 2. Also I haven't read my Tales of the Unexpected yet so didn't read your review but loved the Neil Adams variant cover (almost bought it)
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post
I've enjoyed the Stan Lee mets issues even the X-men issue that was packaged with X3 DVD so far. Joe I'm glad you reviewed CRIMINAL I loved it and all Brubaker stuff right now, even X-Men and your review was right on. I can't wait till issue # 2. Also I haven't read my Tales of the Unexpected yet so didn't read your review but loved the Neil Adams variant cover (almost bought it)
Thanks, kal-el. I owe it to you that I picked that issue up. That Neal Adams variant cover was great but the Mike Mignola cover blew me away.

Hey, 'Nuff, keep the faith. Sgt. Fury's too good a character not to get busted sometime soon. Did you pick up the Sgt. Fury Marvel Masterworks that came out a few weeks back? Stan's intro was great and reliving those old stories was a blast!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #23
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Thanks, kal-el. I owe it to you that I picked that issue up. That Neal Adams variant cover was great but the Mike Mignola cover blew me away.

Hey, 'Nuff, keep the faith. Sgt. Fury's too good a character not to get busted sometime soon. Did you pick up the Sgt. Fury Marvel Masterworks that came out a few weeks back? Stan's intro was great and reliving those old stories was a blast!!
Didn't know about the Fury Masterworks...Thanks for the info...I don't have access to a comic store...My Son buys/brings my comics to me...I have the patience of a sundial and can wait for my Sgt. Fury MB...I only got the campaign started in July...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
Didn't know about the Fury Masterworks...Thanks for the info...I don't have access to a comic store...My Son buys/brings my comics to me...I have the patience of a sundial and can wait for my Sgt. Fury MB...I only got the campaign started in July...
I'm sure you could find the Sgt. Fury Masterworks on Amazon or even cheaper on eBay.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
With that in mind I will, as ever, be watching your reviews.
yeah, just ignore that "ask a british dude" column though, we got some trickster to write that for us...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:19 PM   #26
'Nuff

Quote:
I'm sure you could find the Sgt. Fury Masterworks on Amazon or even cheaper on eBay.
I'll look into it...
Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #27
'Nuff

Quote:
Now that I think about it..I have The Amazing Spiderman on CD-ROM...as well as all the original comics...FF...Xmen...and Avengers are also available on CD...Mebbe they will do Sgt. Fury too...
Old 10-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
KDawg, Ultimate X-Men is the best X-title I've ever read, and I've pretty much read 'em all (or had B-C read them for me, more recently...). I'm intrigued to see the Cable twist when I get the issue, though now I know there is one, I know what I'm expecting...

It's a shame that comics are so expensive now that I just can't bring myself to pick up goofy, fun, one shot ideas like the Stan Lee comics.
I'm surprised we haven't heard from the Dawg. Kdawg, you out there buddy?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #29
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard from the Dawg. Kdawg, you out there buddy?
sorry Vato... I was on the west side of the state for a couple of days and I am only now back and catching up
Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #30
bat_collector
Galactus

hey, just read tales of hte unexpected. One of hte best comics I've read all year! I loved it!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote