Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-27-2017, 05:07 AM   #2931
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
After seeing the video, I kept thinking: what was the problem again with it?
exactly, I think some will regret selling their POs right after that discussion started
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 AM   #2932
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEarth View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying that this is "the exact same fabric".

Here is a screenshot from the unboxing video from PCS.

Here is a screenshot from a video taken at NY ComicCon

(link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1anE32BzCJs)

it is under pot lights to be fair....
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #2933
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Fabric Looks identical but the cut of it is not the same. Mask doesn't have baggy look like proto. It's a tight fit. The y shape on chest is now going to be a v. You can adjust but as people with it in hands have said it's sewn together so you can only adjust it so much. It will never be like proto. These issues don't bother me one bit but I know it's going to drive others crazy. eyebrows for both ninjas is just ridiculous they should of Never added extra hair for that bushy eyebrows look. I don't know why that was approved. Should of just kept the ninjas with waxed eyebrows as proto (hey it not my observation it's my girls good find babe) that does change the face structure from serious to kiddy looking. Compare videos of sub zero and in hand pics of sub zero face you will notice difference in overall look. Despite these minor gripes Pcs adding blood so I think this will continue to be the best mk statues in a long time.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #2934
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
I think this will continue to be the best mk statues in a long time.

I think that is really the silver lining in all of this. Basically they are mixed media 1/3 monsters that have LEDs and a somewhat interesting base. This is by far the best MK option.

Doesn't change the fact that it feels like a missed opportunity. The Sub Zero specifically to me was more impressive than even Akuma when I ordered both. I was blown away by the proto.

I can live with the Y instead of the V. Or the less blood even. To me the face/neck issues with it are a huge let down. I also dont see how there is anyway the material on the head is the same.

But again the silver lining is really that despite these issues they are still far better than any other option to date. IMO at least.

These just wont be grails. I expected them to be but they just arent. Oh well.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #2935
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
I think that is really the silver lining in all of this. Basically they are mixed media 1/3 monsters that have LEDs and a somewhat interesting base. This is by far the best MK option.

Doesn't change the fact that it feels like a missed opportunity. The Sub Zero specifically to me was more impressive than even Akuma when I ordered both. I was blown away by the proto.

I can live with the Y instead of the V. Or the less blood even. To me the face/neck issues with it are a huge let down. I also dont see how there is anyway the material on the head is the same.

But again the silver lining is really that despite these issues they are still far better than any other option to date. IMO at least.

These just wont be grails. I expected them to be but they just arent. Oh well.
That represents my feelings as well. Awesome statues that I will be happy to have and display. But they will fall short of 'grail' status because they could be better and we were shown better in the prototypes. The proto's will remain as elusive grail pieces. In this case I really would have preferred to pay $200 more for PCS to use a factory that could reproduce these accurately. Jerry's original sculpts are works of art.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #2936
Sargs
Doh!

going back to the guys that purchased Scorps with barely any blood splatter through SimplyToys, we surely shouldn't be expected to apply additional paint to the piece to bring it up to scratch?

Will PCS be issuing us with an additional set of clothing with this issue corrected?

These aren't very detailed pieces, the blood splatter makes a world of a difference.
Sargs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #2937
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

To be fair, when looking at these production pieces, Scorpion looks a bit better than Sub Zero for some reason. The fabric on Scorpion looks better and the skinny head looks less exaggerated. At this point, it is what it is. I'm hoping Reptile turns out a bit better since it's being made at a different factory.

Also, the vest seems to be a slightly different cut, so even if they weren't sewn together it appears that achieving the Proto look is somewhat unlikely.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #2938
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/mortal...le-statue.html

Anyone looking for a 1:3 Scorpion? Popcultcha have just listed one as in stock
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #2939
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator View Post
https://www.popcultcha.com.au/mortal...le-statue.html

Anyone looking for a 1:3 Scorpion? Popcultcha have just listed one as in stock
Jeebus, $1,305...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #2940
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yea man, the original Ninjas we saw at Wondercon was phenomenal and menacing, the production pieces will never hold a candle to it. I hope Jerry puts a little more love into the production pieces in the future. Make them faithful to the original and the money follows.

I almost feel dead inside knowing the original Sub-Zero we saw slipped past our hands. What an missed opportunity.
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote