Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #41
Vader
Ghost

how many are being made? i wish we knew the maximum number on these pieces.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #42
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
These busts look great but I guess I am having a hard time justifying the price on them. The P2 Maquette is definitely a better deal for the money but even if you look at the Alien King Maquette for $1,000, it's also a better deal and looks much more intricate with the multiple Alien drones on the base and the highly detailed and large Alien King. These busts look detailed but they are over priced imo for what you are getting in return.
I'd take this piece any day over the alien king piece. that's like the alien pile statue.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #43
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
how many are being made? i wish we knew the maximum number on these pieces.
I have to agree that I'm curious on the edition sizes on these pieces. Japan's Blue Warrior and Dog were extremly limited. I have to believe that the same will be said for the US versions.

However, CoolProps Predator masks that have already been released don't appear to have edition sizes listed on the Sideshow site. Open editions?
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #44
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
I have to agree that I'm curious on the edition sizes on these pieces. Japan's Blue Warrior and Dog were extremly limited. I have to believe that the same will be said for the US versions.

However, CoolProps Predator masks that have already been released don't appear to have edition sizes listed on the Sideshow site. Open editions?
I asked them twice on FB regarding the ES and so far they haven't responded back to me.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #45
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I asked them twice on FB regarding the ES and so far they haven't responded back to me.
Hmmm...

Like I said, I have to imagine it will be a small run. Kinda like when (I'm going far back here) Sideshow released the Patient Zero PF. They had a super small run here in the U.S. then rereleased it as an "International Edition" and pumped a few more out.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #46
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

P2 Bust has no ES so I'm guessing the, general release, Alien Busts won't either.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #47
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
My memory must be fooling me then! Are you sure it was only the dog? I distinctly remember in the first one a close up of the alien and its lips retracting as its about to attack. Plus does that mean the ss 1:1 bust is inaccurate?

Hi mate, sorry, only just saw this. In terms of actual lips, yes although I think we may be referring to different things when we say lips (I'm thinking of soething you can pucker up haha) And no, I'm not saying the Sideshow 1:1 was inaccurate at all, it's great in fact. They made a lot of different versions of the Warrior for the movie, suits, puppets, animatronics etc. And they varied in their appearance somewhat. None of them had actual lips, but the tendons and structure of the mouth area did vary quite a lot. The sideshow version almost stretches the tendons into a lip like structure that surrounds the mouth which is fine. I found at least one good example of this on a movie suit which I'll post below. However the majority of them had quite exposed mouths like that of the CP version. So both types are perfectly accurate compared to their screen used counterparts. I like them all but I do prefer this exposed look myself.

Thinking about it, the ones that feature more of a lip like structure (as with the SSC bust) May have had it added intentionally for exactly the reason you mentioned, pulling it back to reveal the teeth and create a bit of extra menace/tension. I can remember this happening a few times in the movie..

Exposed..

A clear surround..

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #48
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hi mate, sorry, only just saw this. In terms of actual lips, yes although I think we may be referring to different things when we say lips (I'm thinking of soething you can pucker up haha) And no, I'm not saying the Sideshow 1:1 was inaccurate at all, it's great in fact. They made a lot of different versions of the Warrior for the movie, suits, puppets, animatronics etc. And they varied in their appearance somewhat. None of them had actual lips, but the tendons and structure of the mouth area did vary quite a lot. The sideshow version almost stretches the tendons into a lip like structure that surrounds the mouth which is fine. I found at least one good example of this on a movie suit which I'll post below. However the majority of them had quite exposed mouths like that of the CP version. So both types are perfectly accurate compared to their screen used counterparts. I like them all but I do prefer this exposed look myself.

Thinking about it, the ones that feature more of a lip like structure (as with the SSC bust) May have had it added intentionally for exactly the reason you mentioned, pulling it back to reveal the teeth and create a bit of extra menace/tension. I can remember this happening a few times in the movie..

Exposed..

A clear surround..

the edition won't be too small if they leave it open for too long!
Old 06-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #49
Python
Omega Red

I just made this for the other forum, it seemed relevant to the discussion above, both are nice imo..

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:09 PM   #50
Planeswalker

Who else got in on these!? They look AWESOME!!!