Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #1661
johnclone
The Enchantress

The funny thing is that the way that the Mountain died was in a trial by combat. So for her to assume he's going to win is a little premature? Still, I can't imagine anyone except maybe the Hound, if he somehow is still alive, (never saw him die) could beat the Mountain. But who knows, there's bound to be a bigger fish somewhere.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #1662
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Edmure Tully, the man who got married at the Red Wedding. But from the preview his reunion with Black Fish might not go well.

Benjen was great, seeing Arya's story finally moving was good, I liked Sam's scenes with his family too, especially as it was just a short detour to get the sword, not like Dorne and dragged out.

My issue is I'm losing interest in Dany's story by the episode. While her battling the Kahl's was great, making a speech so shortly after they've shown devotion just seemed like filler, or a side step just to show Drogon return to the fold bigger and fully healed (no damage to his wings at all now).

Kings Landing just seems so strung out now it's obvious they are spinning wheels until every other chess piece falls into pace for the winter war. I'm glad Jamie's getting out of it, and looking forward to the trial by combat, though I think Cersei is in for another rude awakening maybe?

Can't wait for the next episode, it should be awesome!
Sam can't really wield that sword though, can he? Even as he was taking it, it looked like he was having difficulty just holding it up.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #1663
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
So for years we've had to put up with that crappy, boring Ayra 'faceless' story and then suddenly last night she just turns around and says 'ah sod it, I don't want to do it now'.

Hopefully she'll get her head lopped off next week.
I looked at it as she was never fully committed to them and in the end never intended to join their cause. Instead she used them to obtain their knowledge/skills as tools in her plans for revenge. Otherwise why hide Needle rather than throwing it into the sea before joining Jaqen H'ghar?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #1664
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I looked at it as she was never fully committed to them and in the end never intended to join their cause. Instead she used them to obtain their knowledge/skills as tools in her plans for revenge. Otherwise why hide Needle rather than throwing it into the sea before joining Jaqen H'ghar?
Good call. I just got tired of this part of the story a long time ago to give it much thought.

.......unless you're wrong of course and she gets killed next week by the other young girl.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:51 PM   #1665
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

.......unless you're wrong of course and she gets killed next week by the other young girl.
and that girl takes her face....now that'd be some good story telling.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #1666
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'm a little disappointed, because either way one of my favorite characters will die next time, as opposed to the actress, who I wouldn't have cared one iota about.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #1667
MrYac
Hercules

haha, don't worry John they won't be killing Arya. the show lost it's balls after the red wedding
Old 05-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #1668
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Sam can't really wield that sword though, can he? Even as he was taking it, it looked like he was having difficulty just holding it up.
Yeh I don't think Sam will play a hands on role in the war, that broadsword looked really heavy for him! I imagine it's for someone else down the road - maybe the possible character returning next week??
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #1669
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Good call. I just got tired of this part of the story a long time ago to give it much thought.
I found this arc to be drawn-out as well and was pleased to finally see her move forward.

It would be cool to see Arya make her way back towards Jon & Sansa now to fulfill her kill list (Melissandre) but I have a feeling she'll be headed the other direction to exact revenge on Cersai and The Mountain instead.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #1670
MrYac
Hercules

does Mel bringing Jon back excuse her from the list?