Statue Forum 


XM Studios






StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #11
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Lawnknome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Saves me money.

I don't think it looks bad or anything. That dress, however, does nothing for me in light of what could have been. Easy pass.
There is no shape to the statue. And I dont mean in a sleazy I want to gawk at Morrigan type of way.

I get that this is her Inquisition model, but her Origins style character would have been much better.

I doubt GamingHeads has the rights to Origins since that was before EA took over Bioware. And I assume the rest in the line will be DA:I pieces. Makes sense, just a disappointment.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #12
Finisher
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 452
Ugly.. ;(
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #13
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 
TheYoungWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
There is no shape to the statue. And I dont mean in a sleazy I want to gawk at Morrigan type of way.

I get that this is her Inquisition model, but her Origins style character would have been much better.

I doubt GamingHeads has the rights to Origins since that was before EA took over Bioware. And I assume the rest in the line will be DA:I pieces. Makes sense, just a disappointment.
No need to convince me; couldn't agree more.

While her Origins outfit is most certainly the more alluring/provocative of the two (a trait I won't even deny being predisposed to), I echo the sentiment that it is much more visually interesting and unique than her dress.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
Silas Loki
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,463
Agreed, I commented early on that the dress is a seriously bad idea. It turns an otherwise ok sculpt into a strange kind of bust, with her upper body plonked on top of a elongated dome.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #15
Hunterkingxxl
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Hunterkingxxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,722
I for one like it. I ordered the exclusive. No other DA collectibles in this scale out there. And it's the first in their line of DA if we can believe them. Morrigan is a must for me. She represents most of the DA games by herself.

Gaming Heads doesn't hold the license for the DA 1 and 2 games, only Inquisition, so... On top of that, BioWare has a great deal of influence in the designs as well.

I think most of you will turn around eventually. Gaming Heads hasn't disappointed me yet. Don't believe they will start with this one either.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #16
Silas Loki
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
 
Silas Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
I for one like it. I ordered the exclusive. No other DA collectibles in this scale out there. And it's the first in their line of DA if we can believe them. Morrigan is a must for me. She represents most of the DA games by herself.

Gaming Heads doesn't hold the license for the DA 1 and 2 games, only Inquisition, so... On top of that, BioWare has a great deal of influence in the designs as well.

I think most of you will turn around eventually. Gaming Heads hasn't disappointed me yet. Don't believe they will start with this one either.
Fair enough! But just to be clear, are you buying this because you believe it's a great representation of the character, or, because it's the only representation of the character in this (or any) scale?

If it's the latter, I understand, as I felt the same way when SS brought out their version of Commander Shepard. Now, so far, I'm glad I didn't reward their failure with my custom, as it seems another company is attacking the I.P. and so far with a lot more capability.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #17
Hunterkingxxl
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
 
Hunterkingxxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,722
I quite like the sculpt. I think the skin texture is exaggerated by the camera and lighting. All in all, I really like the statue for what it is. I'm currently playing DA3 and am looking forward to meeting Morrigan. On top of that, yes it is the only representation of the character out there worthy buying imho.

I bought the SS Shepard, but I hope GH makes another one. So I can compare. No way of loosing the SS one after that, but I love ME so much it wouldn't bother me owning 2 sheps. Maybe a fem shep from GH?

Back to DA though... Really hope they pick up more from the universe.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #18
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Snadinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
I doubt GamingHeads has the rights to Origins since that was before EA took over Bioware. And I assume the rest in the line will be DA:I pieces. Makes sense, just a disappointment.
Actually EA already did by the time of DA:O's release. EA took ownership of Bioware in 2007. DA:O released in 2009.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #19
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Lawnknome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Actually EA already did by the time of DA:O's release. EA took ownership of Bioware in 2007. DA:O released in 2009.
I suppose they got in on the last bit of development, but Origins was originally an original Xbox title announced in 2004. I feel EA just collected the money on this one since Bioware already had a great track record with RPGs.

Either way, This statue just does nothing for me. And this comes from a guy who can't help but romance Morrigan every playthrough of DAO just because of her awesome dialogue and personality.

If this statue just had more "life" to it. I get that the portrait isnt bad at all, but I feel nothing of environment or awe when I look at it.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #20
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Snadinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
I suppose they got in on the last bit of development, but Origins was originally an original Xbox title announced in 2004. I feel EA just collected the money on this one since Bioware already had a great track record with RPGs.
Well it actually began as a PC title and spiritual successor to their previous Baldur's Gate RPG. It had been in development for a long time. Lots of ideas got scrapped over time.

But the timing of the acquisition by EA changes nothing. The fact is, the license is probably up for grabs if gamingheads wants it.

As for the sculpt, this is exactly as she appears in Inquisition. I do prefer or DAO clothing though.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com