Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #61
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Aww, was hoping sooner, but as long as it is top condition I'm not going to complain about a delay.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #62
Dark Shadow
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Aww, was hoping sooner, but as long as it is top condition I'm not going to complain about a delay.
That is very wise spoken my friend.
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #63
Shoo
Hercules

First pics:

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #64
Shoo
Hercules

More pics from another collector.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 AM   #65
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Nice!!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #66
mrchris
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

nowhere near as good as the proto,bruce was well ripped in that,and the slashes across his abs are too wide apart.hopefully bad lighting in the pics gives a flat sculpture/paint app.kinda let down by this at the mo.
mrchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #67
dfchang
The Riddler

Have to reserve judgment. The lighting really bleeds out the paintjob so its hard to assess. Initial reaction is the paintjob is lacking a bit . . .
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #68
aeumuse
Hydra

I cannot lie, my areolas shrank as small as Bruce's the moment I saw these initial pictures. But lighting and distortion aside, I optimistically feel that he'll look much better in hand.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #69
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Dammit, man. Had to cancel my preorder with BBTS. I just couldn't get behind this after seeing and studying these initial pics. Aeumuse is right...----ty pictures aside, I can't see him getting any better than what we're seeing so far. Sold off some statues and made room for him, but the production release didn't even come close to the prototype.

I will say that if anyone is looking for a good Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee then this one is as good as you're gonna get. However, when you compare it to the prototype, it could've been so much better. It could've been the best Lee statue ever made. I agree with everyone's earlier posts from here and on other forums when they say he looks like a cheap knock-off. They couldn't have put it any better than that.

I'm extremely irritated by how this came out. I was totally looking forward to it. After seeing how their GoD Lee statue came out, I was so positive they would've outdone themselves with this release. The GoD release was a near spitting image of it's proto. Blitzway's description of this statue on their website is what sold me. They made it sound like this was gonna be the end all be all of Bruce Lee statues.

Everything pointed out so far on the production release in reference to the proto has been on-the-money. The scratches on his abdomen are different, his head isn't tilted far enough, nipples are smaller. It looks lifeless...like it was made out of wax. Everything just sems different. Even his pants look different. The proto's pants are poofy, look terrific displayed, and look very well made. There's no volume to his pants on the production release. They're just straight. The freaks board had a side by side comparison and it's like night and day. It's crazy...I would've never expected something like this from Blitzway. Sideshow, yes, but not these guys.

This would've been the only Bruce Lee I ever wanted. ----! Oh well, I guess I can look on the bright side and say that I saved myself over $700.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #70
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Dammit, man. Had to cancel my preorder with BBTS. I just couldn't get behind this after seeing and studying these initial pics. Aeumuse is right...----ty pictures aside, I can't see him getting any better than what we're seeing so far. Sold off some statues and made room for him, but the production release didn't even come close to the prototype.

I will say that if anyone is looking for a good Enter the Dragon Bruce Lee then this one is as good as you're gonna get. However, when you compare it to the prototype, it could've been so much better. It could've been the best Lee statue ever made. I agree with everyone's earlier posts from here and on other forums when they say he looks like a cheap knock-off. They couldn't have put it any better than that.

I'm extremely irritated by how this came out. I was totally looking forward to it. After seeing how their GoD Lee statue came out, I was so positive they would've outdone themselves with this release. The GoD release was a near spitting image of it's proto. Blitzway's description of this statue on their website is what sold me. They made it sound like this was gonna be the end all be all of Bruce Lee statues.

Everything pointed out so far on the production release in reference to the proto has been on-the-money. The scratches on his abdomen are different, his head isn't tilted far enough, nipples are smaller. It looks lifeless...like it was made out of wax. Everything just sems different. Even his pants look different. The proto's pants are poofy, look terrific displayed, and look very well made. There's no volume to his pants on the production release. They're just straight. The freaks board had a side by side comparison and it's like night and day. It's crazy...I would've never expected something like this from Blitzway. Sideshow, yes, but not these guys.

I'm so totally annoyed by how this came out. This would've been the only Bruce Lee I ever wanted. ----! Oh well, I guess I can look on the bright side and say that I saved myself over $700.
Can you repost the stuff from the freaks board, or link it? I would like to see the side by side pictures.

Is it from someone that has it in hand comparing it, or are they just dissecting pictures? I am just trying to figure out if it is the pictures not doing it justice and washing it out or if it is actually that bad.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote