Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to give you the heads up, I bought this bust in July, and guess what, still don't have it, and Monster Fx will not reply to dozens of my emails, and they do not answer the phone, so yeah, super let down, makes no sense why they do not answer any of my emails, all in all a bad experience, just wanted to warn anyone who might consider trying to order something from them.

I got mine Fast and well boxed. I bought direct and Vin was a top guy to deal with. Every email was answered . These were long sold out by July of this year?? I bought mine before last Christmas (no 4)

Here's the another thread..... http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=T-900
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I was dealing with Marc, and yeah, still no reply from them, the bust is amazing though, your lucky to have one.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Hey guys, just wanted to give you the heads up, I bought this bust in July, and guess what, still don't have it, and Monster Fx will not reply to dozens of my emails, and they do not answer the phone, so yeah, super let down, makes no sense why they do not answer any of my emails, all in all a bad experience, just wanted to warn anyone who might consider trying to order something from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
I got mine Fast and well boxed. I bought direct and Vin was a top guy to deal with. Every email was answered . These were long sold out by July of this year?? I bought mine before last Christmas (no 4)

Here's the another thread..... http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...ighlight=T-900
Quote:
I was dealing with Marc, and yeah, still no reply from them, the bust is amazing though, your lucky to have one.
same here. i contacted MFX in June and asked about the terminator infiltrator bust and Mark Villalobos told me he was doing another run of just 10. an artists signature series with COA. http://www.monster-effects.com/store.html
so i was like cool. ill take two. Mark answered and told me i would be receiving 1/10 and 3/10. and answered every single email i sent prior to purchasing the 2 of them. when i asked for info on when they were shipped out he assured me that they had been on July 7th and that he would get me the tracking. so a week went by and i emailed him again. and when i didn't get a reply i called him. he actually answered (by accident i believe) and assured me that they were on their way. i asked for tracking but he gave me an excuse that he had to find it and that he would email it to me later. that never happened. and then thats when he stopped answering emails and phone calls. i continued to email and call Mark for the next month and a half. and still no reply. and then out of the blue he emailed me on Jul 29, stating this...

"sorry to tell you we received your package back on saturday and the box has been crushed really bad ,the bust is fine. we can do one of two things
A give you a refund or
B rebox them and send them seperate Fed ex so you would receive it asap
please let me know"

so i told him that was unfortunate and that i wanted him to box them up and ship them to me asap and send me the tacking when he does.. but i never received an email confirming thats what he would do or any tracking again (no surprise). but i was skeptical for what he was saying was the truth becasue no courier ships the box back to the sender if the box is damaged. at least from what i know they never do. its always sent to the recipient. so this little story of his raised a red flag when i read it.
so when i never received an email back and still no packages. i filed a dispute with paypal on the very last day of the 45 day period to file a dispute. i gave him every opportunity to contact me and resolve the matter. but never received a reply thru email or paypal. so after the 20 day waiting period to resolve the matter i escalated it to a claim. he then had the opportunity to contact me and resolve the matter again. but still no email no reply to paypal. Nothing.
so i was fortunate enough to recoup my 1400 dollars.
i kind of feel like he was trying to scam me out of my money due to him not contacting me or returning my phone calls or even replying to the paypal dispute and claim. and the whole damaged package story.
what i dont understand is. if he didn't have them ready to ship like he told me they were. why not just tell me they weren't ready to ship? i would have waited until they were. i just know now not to trust Mark Villalobos or his company anymore due to the way he operates. and ill never purchase anything from them again regardless of what it is. and ill pass on the word to .."AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!"
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
statuehungry

you got to be KIDDING me !!...that is the EXACT story he told me to, WOW, said the box came back damaged, worse, told me he would give me a 150 dollar discount, and since it was ready to go, would ship it asap, what a scammer !! I wonder if there is anyone else who got the same story? and your right, he was all talking before he got paid, after that, nothing, would love to dynamite that place !
Old 08-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Sorry guys, didn't realise there were another '10'.

I didn't deal with anyone named Marc I dealt with Vince?? Ive pm'd you the details.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
DynamicMenace

Quote:
you got to be KIDDING me !!...that is the EXACT story he told me to, WOW, said the box came back damaged, worse, told me he would give me a 150 dollar discount, and since it was ready to go, would ship it asap, what a scammer !! I wonder if there is anyone else who got the same story? and your right, he was all talking before he got paid, after that, nothing, would love to dynamite that place !
yeah? wow! what an ASS HOLE!! i wouldn't be so pissed off if he would have been totally honest and upfront and answered me when i made contact. but to blatantly avoid the situation and every bit of contact or message from me weather by email or phone is utterly disrespectful. its like he just spit in my face and didn't give a fu*k. but oh yeah he is all high and mighty "mr. i work with nearly all the studios in Hollywood" so i have the right to be a fu*k face and lead you on for my own personal and financial gains. wow, what a professional.
let me guess. he gave you Georgia Villalobos paypal address to send the money to too?
all i know is that he is a complete dishonest douche fu*k. and will never get my business every again. burn me once. shame on you becasue i dont give you a fu*king second chance to burn me twice!
yeah you and me both. more like nuke..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Sorry guys, didn't realise there were another '10'.

I didn't deal with anyone named Marc I dealt with Vince?? Ive pm'd you the details.
thanks man. Mark is the co-owner. im not sure who Vince is. and i appreciate the info in the PM man.
but i think the only way for him to make things right would to be to sincerely apologize to all the people he did this to. and try to find a way to make things up to them. even if thats making them a new bust and giving them a decent discount. i dont know if i would even except it. would have to depend on how well the apology was and if it felt sincere enough. im just so damn pissed he couldn't be a man and have the common courtesy to contact me whatsoever after countless emails and phone calls and just let me know whats was going on instead of just leaving me hanging.
not a very smart way to do business id say. good way to to ruin your rep by word of mouth by the people who you have wronged.
i can only imagine what would have happened if i hadn't of filed a claim with paypal. i would be out of 1400 dollars right now and nothing to show for it.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
statuehungry

does anyone have a contact number/email for Vince ?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
statuehungry

well its official, Vince does not work with mark or monster FX in anyway, shape or form, he regrets any problems anyone has had with Marc, all we can do now is stay away from monsterFX and Marc !
Old 09-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
DynamicMenace

yeah figured as much,
probably got sick and tired of dealing with all of Mark's BS.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
HopeOfTheFuture
Doh!

Same problem with me. I just found this topic and let me add my story to warn other people.

Ordered the bust in June 2013 and said I bought number 8 of the 20. It was the last one left.

The thing never arrived. So I emailed Mark at monstereffects@gmail.com and asked him if he got any track and trace info. This is the reply I got:

"Sorry I've been kind of sick ill call my studio and have them send them in ASAP sorry for the wait I thought you would have got him already "

I mailed him again and again and finally got:
"hey Maurice
sorry to tell you we received your package back on saturday and the box has been crushed really bad ,the bust is fine. we can do one of two things
A give you a refund or
B rebox it and send it Fed ex so you would receive it asap
please let me know
i can send you picts of the box if you like
really sorry about that "

So I asked him for pictures and since then he never replied to me. I emailed him again and again... no answer.

So I looked into my paypal payment info and found this info:

Code:
villalobosstudios@gmail.com

georgia villalobos
9352 steele st
rosemead, CA 91770
United States
Telephone: 818-216-2881
topmark@charter.net
I phoned him but he didn't answer. I left a message on the answering machine but ofcourse no reply.

Eventually I contacted Paypal and they refunded me the money fortunately.

It's just sad. They have the bust on their site (http://www.monster-effects.com/store.html) and then you get ripped of.
HopeOfTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote