Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #1
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Big haul! (by my standards anyway) :)

Just wanted to share my big haul today! I got all this stuff through Boondock Collectibles on eBay. It was absolutely the best experience I've ever had on the Bay.

My main goal was to get the Dynamic Forces Rhino, which was No. 9 out of 350. While waiting to snipe the Rhino, I won the Bowen Man-Thing FS for $72, the DF Hulk vs. Woverine lithograph for $18 and the Dynamic Forces Weapon X for $27. But I lost out on the Humberto Ramos Spidey lithograph (which went for $12). To make matters worse, I missed out on the DF Rhino (my main target) because it ended at the same time as the Weapon X bust and I screwed up trying to snipe it for $61.

But there's a happy ending! When I requested my total for combined shipping, I asked the fine fellow at Boondock Collectibles if he had any more Rhino busts or Ramos lithographs. He said yes, and gave them to me for $49 (Rhino) and $9.99 (Spidey lithograph), cheaper than if I'd won the auctions! And as a bonus, my Rhino's number is 13 of 350, which is just about as good as the No. 9 I missed out on. Plus, it only took three days to arrive at my door from the time I won the auctions. I must be livin' right or something.

Anyway, if you have a chance to do business with Boondock Collectibles on eBay, do it! He posts his stuff in waves of about 200 items every 10 days, so he doesn't have anything up for auction right now, but he probably will within week or so. I love this stuff!

rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Alex655321

Gongrats on the sweet haul Rilynil
Damn you got the man thing cheaper than me.
I got mine for $86 not including shipping.

I like that Rhino, never seen it before. Looks like you would hang it on a wall.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
rilynil

Thanks, Alex! The Rhino would look sweet mounted to the wall, but there's no way to do it because this thing weighs nearly as much as Man-Thing. It's another of Martin Canale's sculpts, whose work I really enjoy. Rhino's going to stay on my desk with my DF Colossus memorial bust and my DF Hulk 40th Anniversary bust (the one of Hulk reading in a pile of books). All three are space-eaters sculpted by Canale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
Gongrats on the sweet haul Rilynil
Damn you got the man thing cheaper than me.
I got mine for $86 not including shipping.

I like that Rhino, never seen it before. Looks like you would hang it on a wall.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Congrats on your haul!
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
Boondock Collectibles
Frackin!

Boondock Collectibles

we thank you. mwah!
Boondock Collectibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Just wanted to share my big haul today! I got all this stuff through Boondock Collectibles on eBay. It was absolutely the best experience I've ever had on the Bay.

My main goal was to get the Dynamic Forces Rhino, which was No. 9 out of 350. While waiting to snipe the Rhino, I won the Bowen Man-Thing FS for $72, the DF Hulk vs. Woverine lithograph for $18 and the Dynamic Forces Weapon X for $27. But I lost out on the Humberto Ramos Spidey lithograph (which went for $12). To make matters worse, I missed out on the DF Rhino (my main target) because it ended at the same time as the Weapon X bust and I screwed up trying to snipe it for $61.

But there's a happy ending! When I requested my total for combined shipping, I asked the fine fellow at Boondock Collectibles if he had any more Rhino busts or Ramos lithographs. He said yes, and gave them to me for $49 (Rhino) and $9.99 (Spidey lithograph), cheaper than if I'd won the auctions! And as a bonus, my Rhino's number is 13 of 350, which is just about as good as the No. 9 I missed out on. Plus, it only took three days to arrive at my door from the time I won the auctions. I must be livin' right or something.

Anyway, if you have a chance to do business with Boondock Collectibles on eBay, do it! He posts his stuff in waves of about 200 items every 10 days, so he doesn't have anything up for auction right now, but he probably will within week or so. I love this stuff!

gonna let this one go Neil but let's not see a post like this again without pics my friend!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
patrickwm68
The Flash

Wow, great pics Neil, how'd you get the X's to come out so red?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boondocks View Post
we thank you. mwah!
I'm a repeat customer!
Old 11-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
gonna let this one go Neil but let's not see a post like this again without pics my friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Wow, great pics Neil, how'd you get the X's to come out so red?
lol Guys! I created this thread more than two years ago!
All the things I mentioned are pictured in my collection thread. My lithos have since been autographed by Stan Lee (thanks to Redspider )
Old 11-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Congrats on the pickups Neil!

2 Years ago, but still good pick ups!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote