Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #1011
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Cavill, established?
Yes. He had starred in The Tudors TV series for 3 years and had just come off the lead role in the film 'Immortals' before signing on for Man of Steel.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #1012
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yes. He had starred in The Tudors TV series for 3 years and had just come off the lead role in the film 'Immortals' before signing on for Man of Steel.
All the more reason he didn't merit a $14 mil paycheck. He is not a movie star, just another handsome-but-bland guy.

A lot of the discussion about salary discrepancies focus on women being paid "too little" compared to men. In Hollywood's case, the problem isn't that women are paid "too little" (I agree that Gadot's $300,000/film salary is reasonable) but that some men are paid "too much". RDJ's $40 mil for Captain America 3 is beyond ridiculous. I wish Marvel had more guts and just hired a new Tony Stark. RDJ isn't even in the scenes where Iron Man is fighting, lol.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #1013
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
I read the same article and I don't see the problem. The comparison to Cavill is ridiculous serving to only ignite a gender wage gap debate which isn't relevant. Unlike Cavill, an established up and coming actor with proven leading man potential going into Man of Steel, Gadot was relatively unknown outside of a minor supporting role in the Fast & Furious franchise and was even considering giving up acting due to a lack of work. She was paid an entry level salary for WW as a result. Same as RD Jr, Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth who were reportedly paid less than $500,000 for their first solo Marvel outing. She'll make her big money on the sequel, follow up DCEU ensemble films and future projects outside the DCEU now that her star power has risen.
Quote:
All the more reason he didn't merit a $14 mil paycheck. He is not a movie star, just another handsome-but-bland guy.

A lot of the discussion about salary discrepancies focus on women being paid "too little" compared to men. In Hollywood's case, the problem isn't that women are paid "too little" (I agree that Gadot's $300,000/film salary is reasonable) but that some men are paid "too much". RDJ's $40 mil for Captain America 3 is beyond ridiculous. I wish Marvel had more guts and just hired a new Tony Stark. RDJ isn't even in the scenes where Iron Man is fighting, lol.

Before the fight gets too ugly the "14 million" is being reported as a typo and actually "1.4 million" and encompasses a deal for more appearances than Gadot's. With the Rock commanding 10M a pic there is no way they gave Cavill 14.

In comparison to the earnings of Evans and Hemsworth Gals compensation is fair, given that those two are more established and versitile actors.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #1014
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well I never stated he was a movie star, only that he was up and coming at the point of his MoS deal. There was a lot of talk after his role in Immortals that he'd be a great choice to portray a super hero in the future and apparently WB thought he was worth the money they paid him to accept the role of one of two established tentpole heroes in their DC stable. Whether he was overpaid could be debated but comparing him to Gadot is ridiculous seeing as her career was heading in the opposite direction as his before signing on.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #1015
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Before the fight gets too ugly the "14 million" is being reported as a typo and actually "1.4 million" and encompasses a deal for more appearances than Gadot's. With the Rock commanding 10M a pic there is no way they gave Cavill 14.

In comparison to the earnings of Evans and Hemsworth Gals compensation is fair, given that those two are more established and versitile actors.
Yeah, more and more articles are being published to that effect. As I mentioned earlier, $300,000/film for Gadot is reasonable.

It turns out that ScarJo was paid $20 mil for Age of Ultron, which completely mystified me as well. I know some/many people want a stand-alone Black Widow movie, but I certainly didn't go see Age of Ultron for her. The box office performance of Ghost in the Shell and Rough Night should dispel any notion that ScarJo is a "movie star".
Old 06-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #1016
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Yeah, more and more articles are being published to that effect. As I mentioned earlier, $300,000/film for Gadot is reasonable.

It turns out that ScarJo was paid $20 mil for Age of Ultron, which completely mystified me as well. I know some/many people want a stand-alone Black Widow movie, but I certainly didn't go see Age of Ultron for her. The box office performance of Ghost in the Shell and Rough Night should dispel any notion that ScarJo is a "movie star".
She's the very definition of the title. #3 highest paid actress in the world for 2016. #2 in 2015. Doesn't mean everything she touches is gold however, and 20 mil. for a supporting role in AoU is just absurd.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #1017
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
She's the very definition of the title.
You mean ghost in the shell or rough night?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #1018
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

take your pick I guess.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #1019
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Just saw this movie for the second time last night. Even better with the second viewing!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #1020
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Glad you enjoyed it Joe. I've seen it three times and plan on a final viewing before it leaves the cinema.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote